Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=120208679528&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

i can't believe the reserve hasn't been met and the bid is over $2025 for this thing. Cb550 shocks, like thats some sort of upgrade. The paint is very , shiny and blue. what year Cb550 came with those wheels?

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76cb750
'82 cx500 (but mine is cool, i swear. Why don't you believe me?)

Edited by - pampadori on Jan 15 2008 6:57:06 PM

Edited by - pampadori on Jan 15 2008 6:59:44 PM

·
Registered
237 Posts
Cafe racer? it still freaking has passenger pegs!!!!! Geez there didn't even put on rear sets. looks like one good bump would put the rear tire into the fender too. I could spend all day picking that thing apart, it looks like someone just trying to make a quick buck to me

22/m
1980 Honda CB750
1972 Oldsmobile 442

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm starting to see a trend here. An annoying trend that makes me want to put a 12 guage slug through every one of these I see. You'd think these guys could exchange phone numbers and get the correct finned covers for their bikes. This guy has 550 covers on his 750........

and Carpy had 750 covers on his 550.......

and this guy had the correct 750 cover, but no clue.

Like a mustache on a supermodel.

Cheers, Bret @ Glass from the Past

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i'm gonna savor this bike for a while.........

looks like that a bunch of his buddies are bidding it up.....

three zero feedback bidders, two are brand new, lots of low feedback scores.

seat....looks terrible.

open meggie.....cop magnet

broken wires, and he isn't gonna fix it.......seems like there is more there in between the lines.

the misspellings.....just laziness and ignorance.

don't ever take pics of you on your bike and use them for auction pics, bad idea, worse if your wearing douchey white oakley shades.

this thing is so bad i want to set it on fire and punch ssomeone in the face.

now i'm angry....where's my beer.

tex

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
53 Posts
when i first came to this site, i thought it was a bunch of old skool cats that we're just bitter about their passions becoming the new trend. tearing apart every detail of peoples bikes because of it.

i'm a youngin and the only motorcycle experience i have is through my pops and others around him that all happen to be HD weekend dudes. i've looked into what i want which isnt that and i've learned of a hell of a lot from here and the places this site alone has sent me.

i'm starting to see what a cafe should and always has been and realize you all know what a a cafe's soul should be and are just trying to keep it to its roots. that being said...

i now can look at that bike and point out many things wrong that just make that bike ridiculous. it makes me wanna punch said dude in the face. thanks for making me even more cynical and the added anger i didnt need :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ya Texy. I had the high bid on an RD400 with minutes left and wouldn't you know it?, three seperate bidders with zero feedback came galloping in and bid the thing from $950 to $1350 in about three minutes. Absolute bullshit.

Gas Right, Clutch Left

·
Registered
237 Posts
quote:
brent,

search your feelings and embrace your darkside. only by harnessing your anger will you truly appreciate the awesome power of the cynical caferacer darkside!

-emperor texy

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto
I learned my dark side from being around car shows for a long time haha. You should see the "concours" guys, they can spot a chip in paint 300 feet away, god I hate those guys yet I've done it too..

I doubt the paint job is even good, it probably looks good in the picture. Like I said their just trying to make a quick buck off of a fad. Someone should let them know about this site, it would be fun to get them on here to tear them up

22/m
1980 Honda CB750
1972 Oldsmobile 442

Edited by - Psyco diver 69 on Jan 16 2008 4:28:33 PM

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
LOVE those short rear shocks. Imagine the bad tickle feeling you'll get in your balls when that rear tire finds it's new home position.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
that thing is so ghey it gave me AIDS when I looked at the auction page...

...I like to think of this site as the condom on the giant festering phallus that is fucking our hobby to death with garbage bikes and hipster scene-ster assholes.

Happy new year everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.: anybody notice the uber gay plate? Exotics? Almost as bad as the neon-ed GSXR I once saw with "Pole Sitter" <--- it isn't just a racing grid position it is a lifestyle choice as well.

Edited by - geeto67 on Jan 16 2008 9:02:28 PM

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
BTW...I am all so proud of you....all these posts and I didn't have to say a thing to start it!!!!!!!!!!!

my favorite douche bag auction quote:

quote: The bike is lowered with cb 550 shocks, and has the 550 aluinum wheels> These wheels are very rare!!!
550s never came with alloy rims - but 750s did on the hondamatics and the rear in a 17incher too....hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
585 Posts
quote:This bike offers every chrome accessory avil. for this bike.
Um, except maybe the chain guard, fenders, exhaust, blinkers, bla bla bla.... and then the motor and the frame have been rattle-can painted flat black.... but he does have the chrome shoes, so that sort of balances things out a bit.

I just threw up a little bit inside my mouth.

I do like that color. Oh well.

'70 Suzuki T350
Download The Fang.mp3 HERE

·
Registered
237 Posts
I got a responce out of the guy, all I wrote him is we were discussing his bike

quote:Yea i dont care what people say. Hey everyone who talks shit about the bike. Post your pics, and look at you guys bikes. As for me I will rock the shit out of it , and get more compliments on my bike than 90 percent of the people on the forum. I really could care less. I mean hey I don't eat sleep and breath cafe bikes. I just ride it. And Sorry if you people care enough to worry about my shit. TTYL
Like I said, he's only out to make a quick buck. Half tempted to respond with the project builds link. But I figured what would he care, he's only out to take a clapped out CB750, paint her up, slap on a cheap solo seat and club mans and call it a cafe racer

22/m
1980 Honda CB750
1972 Oldsmobile 442

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I never understood e-mailing the guy whose bike we are trashing - the response is always the same: largely "I don't care" with enough anger to hint that he does care a little. Doesn't accomplish much.

I think we should be clear on what it is we are actually making fun of....my vote is more his ignorance than anything else, we aren't laughing at the bike so much as we are at him and feeling sorry (a little) for the bike. We don't actually know if he threw it together or not for the "quick buck", we can only speculate as to that. However what we do know is that he made a bunch of mistakes that make the bike potentially dangerous. here are my observations:

- 550 shocks. This one is kinda dumb to me because if he wanted to lower the bike and keep the suspension there is a commonly known 11" shock for harley applications that is almost dead on for the weight of a cb750 with rider. Plus it doesn't bottom the shock out. Factory shocks in general usually suck (unless you are yamaha or ducati and your factory stuff is ohlins), espically ones from the 1970s, and adding them to bike that is 50lbs heavier with different suspension geometry well that is just asking for the bike to bottom out. 550 shocks have never been nor ever will be a performance shock.

- lowering the bike in general. not really a performance mod and he has probably increased his rake and trail which def makes the bike handle worse. obviously done for looks. I don;t really think it looks that good but I am sure he does.

- clubmans with no rearsets....nuf said. If you look at him sitting on the bike, his left knee is splayed out - obviously he is too tall for this setup.

- "rare 550 alloy rims", if you don't know that they are not factory then don't just make it up that they are to help sell.

- Cheng shin tires....nuff said

I can go on forever but basically it is a "style bike" one built just for the "hey look at that" kind of reaction instead of real cafe racer riding, because if he actually rode that bike like a cafe racer it would probably buck him like a bronco.

I do like the paint - hate the decals.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:
that thing is so ghey it gave me AIDS when I looked at the auction page...

...I like to think of this site as the condom on the giant festering phallus that is fucking our hobby to death with garbage bikes and hipster scene-ster assholes.

Happy new year everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.: anybody notice the uber gay plate? Exotics? Almost as bad as the neon-ed GSXR I once saw with "Pole Sitter" <--- it isn't just a racing grid position it is a lifestyle choice as well.

Edited by - geeto67 on Jan 16 2008 9:02:28 PM

SHEER FUCKING POETRY. thanks for the broken rib!

"Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion." -Edward Abbey

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
brakelight.

im glad everyone here has become as big an asshole as have.

jc

i dont know shit

1 - 20 of 56 Posts