Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CB750F1
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm restoring a Honda CB750 to original and was hoping some of you cafe racer builders (who I know usually cut these off) might have a pair hanging around I could buy? A previous owner had cut them off my frame and I'm hoping to find replacements or some I could use as a template to fabricate new ones.

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Model, year and parts fiche showing what you need would help.
Think he means both of the vertical brackets with the big hols in them have been ground clear off the frame. Template is possible or maybe a good photo

·
Registered
Honda CB750F1
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, its the two brackets that hang from the lower part of the frame that hold the centre stand pivot arm. There's no separate part number as they're originally welded to the frame. Frame diagram doesn't show detailed dimensions or pattern, so I'm hoping to find a scrap pair I can use as a template to re-make new ones. Cheers.

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
I might be able to come up with something using a sheet of graph lined paper, a camera and a scrap frame. For that matter anybody else could too, might work.

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Bikes were all frozen solid to the ground so I couldn't get the photos I hoped for, but it looks like a pretty simple part so I think you'll figure it out
Dog breed Wood Fawn Felidae Snout

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Snow Motor vehicle Tire

Snow Automotive tire Motor vehicle Twig Wood

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Rim Gas

·
Registered
Honda CB750F1
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The photos are really useful, thanks. Would love to get my hands on those bikes! If you have the time, it would be great if you could template on graph paper - and email [email protected]. Happy to make a contribution to your favourite charity for the help. :)

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
I think these ones are froze in the ground until April and I couldn't find one upside down that I recognized, lol my buddy Woody has about a thousand motorcycles in his scrap yard at any given time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts