Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my work in progress 1979 cb750k. I don't really have a direction I want to go with it. Just playing around and expirementing. I plan to continue to change styling components as I build the bike and ride at the same time. I am in the process of changing the front end to match the Rear modifications.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
hahaha. Well welcome.

Do not be surprised if you all of us don't feel same love for your mod. Its kind of obvious that the bike rides worse now and her most peeps appreciate handling over "fat tire". I hope teh shock doesn't punch through in you ass - even if it doesn't that frame config is not designed (originally or now) to work with that shock setup.

read the "read first" thread here:
http://www.caferacer.net/forum/new-members-read-here/22280-read-first.html

This way you will be better prepared and hopefully understand too the reactions you might gather...

·
Registered
117 Posts
. I hope teh shock doesn't punch through in you ass -
This way you will be better prepared and hopefully understand too the reactions you might gather...

haha Could you imagine?!?!?!? I think its very feasible lolol

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
I don't know, it isn't too wide and I think that rim is a 17" in the rear which means overall it's probably ok. Oh and less rotating mass doesn't hurt. If it was a 180 it would be an issue bit I think that's like a 150 rear tire which isn't so bad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hahaha. Well welcome.

Do not be surprised if you all of us don't feel same love for your mod. Its kind of obvious that the bike rides worse now and her most peeps appreciate handling over "fat tire". I hope teh shock doesn't punch through in you ass - even if it doesn't that frame config is not designed (originally or now) to work with that shock setup.

I appreciate the warm welcome. lol.

I am definitely not surprised at all. It's a piece of junk. Yet I couldn't get more compliments and offers that I wouldn't take unless the buyer new it's garbage. That being said. I have put very little funding in this bike using parts in some cases that needed to be repaired first. Nothing is finished on the bike. I mean nothing. Everything is temporary as I create my next updates for each. It's my riding project. I am installing the front end setup at the moment. I thought the front end being stock and the rear end being so different would hinder the performance but It feels no worse than stock and I ride it hard.
The bikes rear shock setup has been inspected by a highly qualified mechanical engineer in my family. You can worry if you like. I'm not going to bother.

I thought I'd post my bike here after I followed a link of another cb750 that is way nicer than mine and very tastefully done. It got ripped apart on this site lol. Funny internet people. All your opinions are cute. So I figured I'd see what is thought of mine knowing that I was going to get it handed to me (Haters going to hate). But I didn't know if there were some that may appreciate what it looks like at the moment so I posted it. After all my seat and rear body is a CB900 tank.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know, it isn't too wide and I think that rim is a 17" in the rear which means overall it's probably ok. Oh and less rotating mass doesn't hurt. If it was a 180 it would be an issue bit I think that's like a 150 rear tire which isn't so bad.
It's a 170

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The stretched wheelbase is why I say its hindering handling.
Yah I noticed that at the time, but it's the setup up that was lying around so i said F&^( it. I figured maybe the new front and rear 17s and the shorter front forks will bring in the wheelbase a little. I dunno

1 - 20 of 32 Posts