Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my first post on this awesome site great info here! Lets continue I recently just purchased a cb750 custom.. and i am building a cafe outta her.. I heard 2002 GSXR forks fit on older CB's any serious modifications needed or is it a pretty simple swap. any info would be great. thanks again

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
are the frames the same on all DOHC 4s?

google is your friend....
ive seen it done on a SOHC 4 and im surprised by how easy it is, but its not bolt on.

the hard part is not making the forks fit the frame its making wheels work.

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
are the frames the same on all DOHC 4s?

google is your friend....
ive seen it done on a SOHC 4 and im surprised by how easy it is, but its not bolt on.

the hard part is not making the forks fit the frame its making wheels work.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
well the first thing you should do is sell that lump of shit and buy a cb750f from the same year. A good f bike should cost you about the same and will put you ahead of the game with a better chassis, brakes, wheels, etc.

I mean if you don't mind spending a fortune replacing nearly everything but the frame then have at it.

Any reason you want the gsxr forks? Have you though about the rest of the suspension.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
well the first thing you should do is sell that lump of shit and buy a cb750f from the same year. A good f bike should cost you about the same and will put you ahead of the game with a better chassis, brakes, wheels, etc.

I mean if you don't mind spending a fortune replacing nearly everything but the frame then have at it.

Any reason you want the gsxr forks? Have you though about the rest of the suspension.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
GSXR forks are shorter than just about all 1970's/80's forks on 500 and larger capacity bikes
They are same length as CB360 forks

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
GSXR forks are shorter than just about all 1970's/80's forks on 500 and larger capacity bikes
They are same length as CB360 forks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts