Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do all the top clamps on 78 cb750 forks all have the risers integrated? or are their ones where you can unbolt the risers? Its gonna look really stupid if i put clip ons on

-My other ride is your mom

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I understand what your saying. Do you have access to a TIG welder? I could come down there with both forks on a weekend or something, I dont really have the cash to bring it to a welder really. It would be awesome if you could help, otherwise Im SOL

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I started on the fork today. The 750 steerer tube is the same diameter as the 350 one. I slid it in the head tube of the frame and the bearing races and everything fit. All I need is a spacer to slide over the top bearing race and it should be riding pretty.

Why is this so easy? What am I screwing up? Is this just pure luck that mine fits?

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The fork is on, it looks pretty beefy. Im gonna replace the fork oil with 20 weight, and I fab'd a new bracket for my speedo and tach. It came out pretty trick! (I'll post the pics soon) Im not sure Im too happy with the 19 inch front wheel though, it sits really high. I might lace it up with an 18 inch rim, might not (the 19 is wider). right now there is a "3.5 x 19" on the front and a 100/90 - 18 on the rear. whats the widest tires I can get for the front and rear. Wider is better right? everyone tells me avon super venoms are the way to go... right?

JP

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
quote:I'd put the 18 on the front.
where can I get spokes to lace the 18inch rim up on the 750 hub? I know all about building bicycle wheels and getting supplies for them but I know nothing about motorcycle stuff (obviously)

so avon AM22's and AM23's are the way to go? As soon as I get some handlebars Im gonna do some smokey burnouts on the old cheng shin (video to be coming soon)

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
quote: youre better off going through your local dealer. someone you get old stuff like that from. youre in pa right?? near phili?? go to cosmo. ask for tex. hes got a 350 and he races, and he can hook you up. that and tex is just a wildman.

jc
Where is cosmo? got an address? or a phone number? I wanna try and get those spokes this weekend. Its the last thing I need besides those tires.
-JP

Also, how much oil is supposed to be in each leg of the 750 fork? I wanna take the sludge out and add new stuff.

Edited by - rad350hog on Feb 05 2004 12:43:53 PM

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
cool Im pretty sure I found it, thanks Joe.

Tricked Out Cycle
301 Jacksonville Rd
Hatboro PA 19040 (215) 783-7330

Im gonna go there tomorrow afternoon (Tex better be working)

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I am a jackass. The rims arent even the same holes

How bad is it really gonna handle with the bigger wheel? will i notice the difference on the road?

Edited by - rad350hog on Feb 09 2004 3:18:44 PM

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I was driving to cosmo when I realized that I never checked to see if the wheels had the same number of spokes. When I got to cosmo, I looked in the trunk and counted the spokes. WRONG!! The rims don’t match. Too many spokes in the 750 wheel, or is it too little in the 350, depends on how you look at it. Are you an optimist or a pessimist? I’m neither… I’m broke.

I can’t afford to buy the right rim, a 40 spoke 18incher. I don’t even have enough for the spokes. I was going to put them on my credit card.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
quote: rode Venoms for a long time and still race with race compound Avon's but for the street I like the Dunlop TT's. They are great in the rain, they stick great when there warm, and they have better sizes for my street applications. Your limited with sizes with Avon.
I couldnt find dunlop tt's anywhere, is there a new model name for them??

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·

I know its hard to see, I couldnt get ahold of a good camera.

The red arrows point to where the bolts on the clamp and the brake lever hit.

The green arrow is showing how I cant clamp the brake lever completely.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
It still hits when I pull it out (if you look, the end part of the lever doesnt turn in, its straight the whole length. I bought new stainless braided cables, so they are perfect length. I think im gonna shim the bar and get longer bolts so the clamp will be seperated but the lever will clear better.

I dont know, if you cant rig it right, ghetto rig it, thats what I think.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.