Cafe Racer Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
quote: rode Venoms for a long time and still race with race compound Avon's but for the street I like the Dunlop TT's. They are great in the rain, they stick great when there warm, and they have better sizes for my street applications. Your limited with sizes with Avon.
I couldnt find dunlop tt's anywhere, is there a new model name for them??

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·

I know its hard to see, I couldnt get ahold of a good camera.

The red arrows point to where the bolts on the clamp and the brake lever hit.

The green arrow is showing how I cant clamp the brake lever completely.

· Registered
11,783 Posts
thats fucked up. i'd have to look at mine and see. someone here should know whats up with that. if you had longer bars, that would fix the problem right?? it looks like you can pull that bar out a bit more. (slide it outboard) then you could slide tha master cyl down the bar, and it would miss. or it would move it away from that bolt arrangement. it looks like youd only have to go another inch. is there any reason why you cant fdo that?? your throttle vables should be plenty long, as should your brake lines. they should be too long actually. i can see the gap between the bar and the clamp. hmmm...

jc

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
It still hits when I pull it out (if you look, the end part of the lever doesnt turn in, its straight the whole length. I bought new stainless braided cables, so they are perfect length. I think im gonna shim the bar and get longer bolts so the clamp will be seperated but the lever will clear better.

I dont know, if you cant rig it right, ghetto rig it, thats what I think.

· Registered
11,783 Posts
thats exactly what i was thinking. but that sounded like a pain in the ass. you could also try a different master cylander. i personally like the round ones with the screw top though.

jc

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.