Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since fuel is getting a little expensive - I'm curious what you other cb750 folks are getting for mileage between tank fill ups and what kind of fuel your using (regular vs premium). This would be with the standard cb tank.

As a side note - please specify if your engine is mod or not...

thanks

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
my stocker usually gets to 110-120 per tank and then she usually only takes 3.5 -3.8 gallons. That is a lot of city riding though including idling in traffic - and I have a heavy right wrist.

I took a day trip on my cb750 last year and was indicating approx 62mpg for the highway streches

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geeto - I'm seeing similar mileage with mine and I have the same right wrist problem... Are you using regular fuel or higher grade??

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I run hi-test in the summer (above 70 degrees) and regular in the winter (below 80 degrees).

The reason I run hitest is that if I get stuck in traffic (which happens a lot) the bike begins to run hot and will detonate. Running 93 octane will buy me a few extra degrees before detonation. if you are not dealing with traffic you can get away with regular - there is no real performance advantage in a bike with 9:1 compression.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts