Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
73' CB750

I was planning on shaving the handle bar clamps off my triple tree and using clipons, but now i might use drag bars and I want to get rid of the goofy stock clamp/pilot light thingy. I want some clamps like these in the picture. Anybody know where to get them or what year bike they came off.

My CB750 Project:
http://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4739

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
off the top of my head:

*complete rear fender w/ taillight
*those CB500 gauges
*two headlights w/ buckets
*front wheel w/ tire and rotor
*another set of gauges, from a 450 i think
*right side cover in green
*willing to trade tank for a black or white tank
*fork boots or gators w/ rings
*another set of complete forks
*handle bars
*box of misc. wiring stuff
*clutch lever and housing (broken mirror mount though)
*chain guard
*two pilot light handle bar clamps

and some other stuff, if you want any of that ill be happy to consider trades. come on, you gotta want at least some of that stuff.

i need those clamps ASAP though.

Edited by - kawiracer on Sep 24 2007 10:46:17 PM

Edited by - kawiracer on Sep 24 2007 10:50:45 PM

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
I am a bodywork fanatic, so the right side cover is interesting. Let me see if I can dig up a spare tank to trade you for that green one.

I have a set on a 75 cb750F, They will need a clean up but are straight and have the hardware. Do you want the whole top triple tree or the just the little clamp tops? If you want the whole top triple tree you will have to wait till I can get some time to pull it off the bike.

For the tops I'll trade you straight across for that side cover.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
if your thinking about getting that master cyl for a future twin disc setup, i have found the stock master feels really great by itself with a dual disc setup. but if your master has gone to shit, might as well. just my opinion.

'72 cb750
'76 cb550

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im just tired of the goofy looking stock one. i was just wondering if there was any reason for that one on eBay not to work. like size or hose compatibility, i dont know a lot about master cylinder stuff.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
I have seen them on a variety of bikes lately. they just seem alright in terms of quality. I think they are marginal for an older dual disc setup but they may be a little twitchy for a single disc.

honestly, the best way to upgrade your mastercylinder is to go to the bike junkyard or a local independant shop and dig around in their master cylinders for one with the same piston size (stamped on the underside of the housing might be 5/8th or 14mm).

If you were going dual disc I might recommend a cbr929 m/c. Most of the modern honda stuff uses the same banjo bolt.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Yeah I have them, didn't get a chance to snap a picture though. I can drop them in the mail to you maybe thursday, friday at the latest.

Still looking for a tank to trade you so I can snatch that tank that matches the side cover.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Brake master cylinders come in various bore sizes with 11mm to 16mm being common. 11-13mm are typical for single caliper brake systems. 14-16mm is common for dual caliper set-ups. Running a single caliper on a 16mm master cylinder is possible but it's like pushing a thumbtack into cork board by hitting it with a sledgehammer...... Really more force/pressure than you need.

Jim

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:
Yeah I have them, didn't get a chance to snap a picture though. I can drop them in the mail to you maybe thursday, friday at the latest.

Still looking for a tank to trade you so I can snatch that tank that matches the side cover.
i dont need pics, if you have pics cool if not it dosent matter as long as they are solid. i will repaint anyway.

i think i might keep my tank, a buddy of mine paints and he said he would do it cheap, so im probably gonna go that route.

Edited by - kawiracer on Sep 26 2007 8:59:56 PM

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the master cylinder info. thats what i was worried about, that it would work, but would maybe be to "strong." i might still try it , i dont know.

any suggestions for "smaller" looking master cylinders at the correct bore size?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
awww shiiittttt.

i was going through a box of misc. parts i got from the PO. And guess what I found...

... a pair of super awesome handle bar clamps. i hit them with the wire wheel and they cleaned up real nice.

geeto, dont be mad at me, im just super lucky.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts