Cafe Racer Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
DDU- It's a British frame from the '60's. https://cybermotorcycle.com/euro/wikig/Scorpion.html

Start a thread on the frame, there are some older British racers that are members here and are extremely knowledgeable. They may be able to give you background.
im pretty sure that they did not make the frame in 1964 for a motorcycle that's production run started in 1969 ? or could i be incorrect ?

81711213_3238730766142754_1401333634094333952_o.jpg

its painted now !

·
Registered
18 Posts
I guess I should have written "it may be".

How do you know it was built in '64?
according too the link you left thats when they made a Scorpion frame that style and closed up 1965 so if the made frames after they closed up shop i would be impressed !

from link ......

Scorpion

Scorpion were motorcycles produced fron 1963 to 1965.

In December 1963 the address is
Scorpion Motorcycles,
Silverstone Works,
Whitfield,
Brackley,
Northamptonshire.

Later, the address is believed to have been Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire.

1963 Trials and scrambles models were introduced with T-frame chassis constructed from sheet-steel box sections welded together. The frame loop had square-section tube bolted in place, so alternative engines were easy to fit although these were usually the Villiers 197cc 9E or 246cc 32A for trials and the 36A or Starmaker for scrambles.

1964 Late in the year a road-racing model was added, this with its own Scorpion designed and made engine hung from a tubular spine frame.They were available in kit form.

1965 Only the show prototype was seen and the make soon disappeared.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
honest;y i got so excited that you helped me i was upsent when it did not pan out mate sorry if i was abrupt
I don't know what I read but it didn't sound the same the second time.

If you make a thread about the frame, with pictures, the odds are pretty good someone will be able to head you in the right direction.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts