Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Cycle Xchange claims they can build a 1061cc Sohc (Cb750) motor that will put out 130+ Horsepower at the rear wheel. M3 racing builds Sohcs to 96 rw HP with a 1mm overbore (approx 760cc). They also get their bikes down to something like 375lbs dry weight. I'm pretty sure a 375lb, 130 HP Cb750 would kick an R6's ass (in a straight line at least), but you'd probably be able to buy an R6 for the money spent to get it there. If I was rich I'd do it just to see the look on the R6 owner's face (I'd build a completely stock looking Cb, too). Jimmy

· Registered
150 Posts
He never said it had to be a brand new R6. And I doubt any high school kid could run as fast as a hired gun at Cycle world. If I ever get rich you'll see. If I have to turbo and nitrous inject the thing and strap rocket boosters to the seat I'll do it just to prove an old Cb750 can kick an R6's ass. Jimmy

P.S. He never said it had to be street legal.
P.P.S. RC Engineering, raced multi-engined Cb dragbikes. Where are my points?

· Registered
150 Posts
What's a Q-ship? Your Cb will only do 110mph? Is it stock? I'm 6'2" and weigh 210, and tucked down as far as I can, I've had my '75 going 120mph. All it had at the time was aftermarket pipes and clubmans(and some lightening). It also has over 40,000 miles. I don't know, maybe my speedo's off. Jimmy

· Registered
150 Posts
Oh yeah, I ride the Cb for the same reasons. Mine feels pretty stable at any speed going straight, but going 100mph on that thing around curves feels insane. I know I could spend a few grand (or even get financing) for a mid 90s rocket that would smoke the Cb in every way, except the feeling and the style. I don't want to be just another punk kid on a rocket.
By the way, I have a friend who owns a 73 Rd350, and just spent over $2000 on a 97 Yzf 750. He's gone 150mph on the Yzf, but he's already talking about selling it, because it's too boring and predictable! He said he loved how uncontrollable the Rd was. Before he bought the Yzf I went with him to look at an Rz350 that he almost bought, except it went for slightly more than he bought the Yzf for. I bet he would have liked the Rz better. Jimmy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.