Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just rebuilt some carbs and need to tune them. They idle ok but if I turn the throttle quick, it just dies. Also, when it gets to 5000 rmps it almost stops reving for a second and then goes again. Here is a link to a short vid of what i mean.

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee180/chrisadelman/?action=view&current=P1200128.flv

I live at 7000ft. I have a kerker 4-1 with pod filters. I set the air screw to the manual suggested setting. I really didn't set the floats to he exact specs (I used a ruler and eyed them). I have not synched the carbs (i was thinking the local shop would do that for me).

Any tuning suggestions?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
what is your jet size and where are your needles set at. If you live at 7000 feet, I imagine the stock jets would work fine on your 4 into 1 setup.

That being said how long are you warming the bike up before grabbing a handful of throttle? my cb stumbles like that when it is cold but doesn't do that when it is warm - it is part of the nature of carbs. I recommend warming the bike up for at least 5-10 minutes (depending on outside air temp). If it still does it when it is warm I would suggest moving the circlip on the needles one notch up and see if that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts