Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Are the K7 the same as k0-6?
why not bolt on a second disc?

but yes a GL for swap is not only an upgrade in braking it is an upgrade in suspension too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I'll certainly look into the GL. I have read that that, because the CB750 fork legs are not a matched pair, fitting a second disc requires spacers, wood, string, sticking plaster and even then it's a real pig to set-up. Sounds like the Gold Wing option may be the way to go. I wonder if there is a more modern option, say a Hornet???

Really appreciate the tips. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Geeto. Could I just enquire whether you need the whole GL front end or will the forks fit the K7 yokes ( I think you guys call these 'triple trees')?
Thanks a million.

·
Registered
23,291 Posts
You need the whole front end including the yokes. The GL forks are 37mm, the stockers are 35mm. You can't fit a 37mm peg in a 35mm hole. This means you will also need to figure out headlight ears (you could use the stock GL but why?) and turn signal mounts.

I realize early goldwings wings might be a little thin on the ground in the uk, you may have to import parts from America. I am told that a later xs650 front end (35mm, not the early ones 34mm) slots into the trees of a cb750 and can be more easily upgraded to dual disc, but I have never done it.

I dont know where you got your info on the wood, string, etc....but it isn't that big of a job. It just sounds like you aren't up to the task skill wise or tool wise.

You posted this question on SOHC4.net, you should really use the search function there - this has been discussed a million times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts