Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While visiting Milwaukee a few weeks ago, by brother-n-law picked up a CB90 for $200. We got the engine running...we took it out of the bike, hotwired it and bolted it to my brother's work bench. Boy it sure screamed without the muffler and just the exhaust pipe! Notice the old nest in the battery box area. It needs to be completely rewired...but will be a fun bike for my brother-n-law to ride.

Yeller'
---
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
thats a cool little bike

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
that looks like a super 90 to me, and for 200 bucks ya done good. Sell it to FR's son Scott if you're having second thoughts. cheers, bcr

·
Registered
326 Posts
Very good deal for Honda 90 that didn't take much to get going especially if it has a title. If it does have a title he could clean it up,fix some minor bits and probably get 2-3X the price he paid for it.

My ex brother-in law had a Honda step-through many,many years ago. The bike was cool,he was a Ass-Prick.

http://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5488

Edited by - coolatula on Jan 17 2008 09:07:28 AM

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:
and then there's the way to emasculate your brother in law.
-parks
Yeah, but he is a good guy. They live down in Baton Rouge, so he can drive that 90 all year long with out freezing his butt off. He also is a good model airplane builder and flyer and is going to use the CB90 as a chase bike when he gets it squared away. I'll post pictures when he is done.

Yeller'
---
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:
that is my dream giro bike.

good score!

tex

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto
Yeah, we found it last summer at a place called Milwaukee Cycle Supply on the northside of Milwaukee and decided to buy it if it was still there...it was.
http://www.milwaukeecycle.com/index_02.htm
They have about a 1,000 bikes in various stages of disrepair you can scavange parts all day long! I know for a fact there are two CB77 superhawks in similiar shape to the CB90 that are indoors and waiting for someone to buy them. He wanted $400 for both of them last summer, but I just don't have the finance or place for more bikes at the moment...regardless of such a good deal.

Yeller'
---

Edited by - Pete Casper on Jan 17 2008 1:16:26 PM

·
Registered
278 Posts
Man, that place looks awesome. Best find I've seen in awhile... I'm headed back to Madison WI in March, will have to stop in there and see what I can scrounge up.

A

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, their new product prices are a bit high compared to some other places, but the salvage prices are really reasonable and they have so much!

Yeller'
---

Edited by - Pete Casper on Jan 17 2008 4:20:07 PM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts