Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cell phone numbers going public
REMINDER....all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies tomorrow and you will start to receive sale calls.

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.
It takes about 20 seconds.

I HATE COLD CALLERS!

Yeller'
---
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
As Unga points out....you can already do that at the gov. Site.

Come on people....I know we are getting old, some may be new to the internet world....but 99% of these emails you get are crap, BS, or worse. Don't spread them around.

Here's the scoop on this email. Some truth to it, but it's been in circulation in this same form for THREE YEARS !!!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

JohnnyB

Edited by - jbranson on Jan 30 2008 12:30:08 PM

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Thanks for the info. I hate telemarketer. I get at least 3 of the "robot" calls a day at my office. At home we have caller ID so just don't answer.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:
As Unga points out....you can already do that at the gov. Site.

Come on people....I know we are getting old, some may be new to the internet world....but 99% of these emails you get are crap, BS, or worse. Don't spread them around.

Here's the scoop on this email. Some truth to it, but it's been in circulation in this same form for THREE YEARS !!!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

JohnnyB

Edited by - jbranson on Jan 30 2008 12:30:08 PM
Sorry JB, but I don't have the time in the day to check every email scam/spam because it would severly cut in to my time posting on this site! (maybe that is a good thing). Anyway, I have all of a sudden been getting hit by random calls on my cell phone (just started this week, not the past three years), both calls and text messages. I find it annoying as hell and when this email came to me from someone I trust (my dad), I assumed it was ligit, so I passed it on in this forum with pure intentions. I won't forward anything like that again, and simply stick to talking about Alex Soto's big head and motorcyles.

Peace.

Yeller'
---
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Big heads and other funky body parts are always appropriate posting material.
Please try to refrain from posting anything with content that might be of some value to someone.
Thank you,
JohnnyB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts