Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1975 CB 750K. I took off the stock pipes and put a 4-1 kerker on the bike. The exhaust comes out the right side.

I have been having the chain rub the center stand and I never really knew why. Well i actually looked at it the other day and realixed that the stock pipes were also the stop for the center stand.

I took the center stand off for now but I really want to keep it on. What ideas do you all have for makig a new stop for the center stand? I don't want it to be ugly. One idea I had was to weld a piece on the right side of the center stand and use the new pipe as a stop?

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Take a piece of thick steel plate, Cut a strap and bend it at a 90 degree angle. Bolt to passenger peg mount. Viola, center stand stop. cost you nothing if you can find the steel free.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Similarly, I made a stop and bolted it to the pinchbolt that holds the centerstand to the frame. If your pipe don't have a purpose built stop welded to them these options are better. You don't want your centerstand rattling against your pipes chipping off all the chrome or wearing a hole.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts