Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once summer has past us here in New Zealand, I'm going to be taking my '76 CG125 off the road for a full rebuild/restore over the winter months... Any ideas engine-wise as to what else would fit, my current engine is ok, but I wouldn't mind buying something a bit bigger/better. I've heard that an early XR200 will fit, and only requires changing the front engine mount.. it won't give that much more speed, but a bit of grunt,. can anyone confirm, or any other ideas??

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Occasionally you'll see big bore kits on eBay for that bike, 150cc. You can also try WebCams or Powroll for top end stuff. Another member here, jaguar (I think) has been working on one for a LSR. Maybe he can chime in....

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Occasionally you'll see big bore kits on eBay for that bike, 150cc. You can also try WebCams or Powroll for top end stuff. Another member here, jaguar (I think) has been working on one for a LSR. Maybe he can chime in....

FR

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
seems like everyone is getting in to the mini-moto thing latly....
the 150cc kits are around and go for about $100-200 on ebay. you can still get some cams and such but really not much with out spending un-godly amounts of money. oldrice.com has a XL forum. swiss and generator are good guys and know these motors.
to build a nice street motor this is what i would do
-start with a latter 2 piece head xl125 motor
-bigger carb(26-28mm)
-well thought out pipe
-150cc kit. can be custom made with a CB750 piston and sleave.
-and then play around with sprokets to get the performance you like.

im building a bike to take the lsr in the 4/125cc class at maxton. i want to get to 100mph.
oh and tex about that fairing?....lol

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
seems like everyone is getting in to the mini-moto thing latly....
the 150cc kits are around and go for about $100-200 on ebay. you can still get some cams and such but really not much with out spending un-godly amounts of money. oldrice.com has a XL forum. swiss and generator are good guys and know these motors.
to build a nice street motor this is what i would do
-start with a latter 2 piece head xl125 motor
-bigger carb(26-28mm)
-well thought out pipe
-150cc kit. can be custom made with a CB750 piston and sleave.
-and then play around with sprokets to get the performance you like.

im building a bike to take the lsr in the 4/125cc class at maxton. i want to get to 100mph.
oh and tex about that fairing?....lol

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
lifan has motors on ebay for much less. 150-200cc.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
lifan has motors on ebay for much less. 150-200cc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts