Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this should be posted here or tech how much of this do you really need? tryin to lighten up and this is next on choppin block

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Its purpose is to keep your leg from being cut off if the chain breaks...at least i would think thats its purpose. i deepspaced mine right after i bought the bike. i still have my left leg too (knocks on wood)

·
Registered
854 Posts
mine was made of plastic and if the chain would have broke my leg would have still been cut off, but with plastic fragements along for the ride. i just clean my chain about once a month and get some sticky chain lube and you won't have any issues.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Geez - you might save 1 to 2lbs, I figured I could lose 20lbs off my body and keep some parts on my bike...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all lost weight counts for more speed right? i aint going on a diet that would mean cutting out beer eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooooo no mines metal and i was thinkin about drillin a shit load of holes fuck it its gone thanks for opinons

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh by the way riding in shorts is retarded and i let the offenders know regardless of how big they are have had my ass kicked for less

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I had a fiberglass cover on my primary chain that snapped in the lights at El Mirage. I was clocked at 123. The fiberglass held but a large chunk went missing. The bottom of the cover was open and as the chai exited it gave my foot a fair crack. My big toe turned black and I lost the nail. If you have to save weight get a strip of i/8" X 1" or 1 1/4" aluminum and mount it. Weighs nothing, polishes nicely, looks racy, and will keep your leg looking like it should.

·
Registered
854 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gggilera

have had my ass kicked for less
LMAO!!! that is great! i do agree, i don't even ride in slacks cause they are too thin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts