Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i found an oem chain for the bike, and somehow it's 1 link short. wouldn't it figure... anyway, on a non-o ring chain, would you say it was safe to run two master links? anyone? anyone?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Are you saying you can't move the rear axle forward far enough to use the chain as is? If it's OEM size, and not missing any links, then someone has changed the OEM sprockets to a different size with more teeth.

Otherwise...on a street bike... I wouldn't think two masters links would make a difference. Although I don't think they will fit together. Master links are "outer" links...with the plates on the outside...you can't connect two master links together without an "inner" link between them. And if you break the chain to put the link somewhere else...you lose a link in the process and would be no better off.

Easy enough to find non-o-ring chain of any size in lengths long enough to cut down to what you need.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
understood, but this is an oem 92 link chain, and i guess my question wasn't phrased properly. using a press in master, with another inner, it should work, right? the chain is about a link short, which is odd, because it's a 36 rear with oem chain. everything is set properly though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts