Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just wondering if the clutch feel is normally vague on the little sloper motors or if I have an issue. It does not slip and the actual travel for disengaged to engaged is very little, almost on/off. On a side note now that the jets are getting close this thing sounds like a little beast especially since it has coughed out most of the baffles from the stock pipe, so now the tinny rattling is gone too.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yes. The clutch is very light and feels almost mushy even with a new cable etc. If it doesn't slip, just develop a light touch.

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Check your engine number and parts book very closely, the 175's used a couple of different baskets and number of clutch plates. The CL slopers used one more plate than CB's I think, everything needs to be in the right order and the first plate needs the chamfer turned the right way. But yes, they are rather a short throw, and I don't think I've ever felt two of them that were the same. I ended up with a weird combination of barnett springs mixed with OEM springs and one CR two stroke fiber plate to get it the way I wanted for racing.
JohnnyB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts