Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
yawn...

needs rearsets.

"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top." -Edward Abbey

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
Oil tank? I like how it looks without one but how does it work?
cb550s are shared case wetsump bikes, meaning they don't need an oil tank because they keep all the oil inside the motor, have an oil pan and pickup like a car, and use the engine oil as the transmission lube also. A lot of the smaller hondas are like that, and if you look at modern sportbikes they are all like that too. Even my brand new ducati does not have an oil tank.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
that bid is way more then what i thought that bike would/should go for. I'm going to sale one of my cb750's now...

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76 cb750

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yep, what's missing from that big hole isn't an oil tank - it's the air filter system and battery box.

I often fantasize about dry sumping one of these things... I'd have to think the crank would turn faster if it wasn't sitting in four inches of oil.

A

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
quote:
i think there are far more entertaining fantasies.
-parks
i have this one where a young Suzanne Summers and I are making waffles AND pancakes. I mean, who does that! it ends with Wilford Brimley mispronouncing diabetes.

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76 cb750

1 - 10 of 10 Posts