Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I cleaned my carbs for the first time. I used a small safety pin to clear out the main and slow jets. I put everything back together and started it up, it immediately revved to 10,000 with no throttle at all. Did i mess the jets up by sticking the pin in them? I did pick up some size 90 jets, can i replace the stock size 88 without too much of a problem? thanks for any advice you might have...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
to rev to 10k, you have a pretty good chance that you have cables routed wrong and the throttles in the carbs aren't closing enough. how many carbs are on your hypothetical bike?

what happens in November btw?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
to rev to 10k, you have a pretty good chance that you have cables routed wrong and the throttles in the carbs aren't closing enough. how many carbs are on your hypothetical bike?

what happens in November btw?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought that my carb slides may have gotten screwed up, i couldn't figure out how the needle, spring, cable, and slide interact with each other, i've never had them apart before, they just came undone this time, i thought i had them back together correctly, oh, i have a cb200 btw.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i thought that my carb slides may have gotten screwed up, i couldn't figure out how the needle, spring, cable, and slide interact with each other, i've never had them apart before, they just came undone this time, i thought i had them back together correctly, oh, i have a cb200 btw.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm born in november, it is a kids in the hall reference...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm born in november, it is a kids in the hall reference...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Have you checked for air leaks around the intake?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Have you checked for air leaks around the intake?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey pinche, you wouldn't own a puffy shirt or two, would you?
thanks for the help folks, i'll report back after some brow ridge scratching and poking with sticks...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey pinche, you wouldn't own a puffy shirt or two, would you?
thanks for the help folks, i'll report back after some brow ridge scratching and poking with sticks...

·
Registered
41 Posts
What kind of carbs are they?
You should have no problem finding a diagram online (search Google images).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts