Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've built a Land Speed Racing bike from one of Cleveland CycleWerks 250 Tha Heist motorcycles. Check out the story and my build tech article:

http://www.clevelandcyclewerks.com/blog/2012/10/3/ccw-land-speed-racing-join-us.html

Our first runs of the bike broke the existing records for Modified Pushrod Gas (M/PG-250-4)and Fuel (M/PF-250/4)

Leon was there with the Badger, but he is keeping quiet on his runs until his documentary film comes out!

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Nice to see them doing cool things with those bikes.
Great speed out of them too

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Congrats on the records! Quite amazing speeds too. What class were you running? A or Modified? With those sort of speeds you need to head to Bonneville next year.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I want to rag on them for selling a bike based around the lowest tier Chinese vertical mill they can find...

But they actually did it and got the paperwork to prove it, so I'm the looser in this contest. Nicely done guys.

I need to find some place that will let me run with 12" wheels.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
ECTA won't let you run 12" wheels? The SCTA has a 15" minimum wheel size Didn't realize the ECTA were that close to the SCTA in rules. Check out the LTA and see if you can run with them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
LTA already turned me down, even though I can get tires rated for the speeds I pretend I can go in my head, they feel my smaller wheels are too much of a performance advantage, they're comfortable with me safety wise. LTA has the same 15" minimum rule as the other orgs, which would require a new front and rear end to adapt to my machine.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
stan....they could have just given you the record when you showed up. nice work. always impressive. just another another notch in the belt. way to go dude.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments.
The chassis is a Modified, lierally, the bike has stock seat, frame, forks, wheels, rear fender. I welded a bracket for the rearsets and damper!
Yes, the stock engine is a low performer, so one of the reasons to change it's image a little, and have some fun racing at the same time. I'm impressed with the build quality of the engine. If I handed you a part, you would assume it was Japaneese.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We were planning to get to Bonneville this year, but I couldn't get the bike done in time, we will be there with a Stage Two engine next year- see you there.
Joe, we're working on kit parts right now, and a hot Misfit.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I am glad to see this going on. I have a Heist and 2 Misfits sitting on the floor. Everyone that looks at them still has that "Made in China" hesitation. To many were burnt by chinese scooters.

So I assume there might be hop-up kits in the future?

These bikes aren't perfect yet but CCW sure seems to be trying hard to get there. Gotta give them credit for that.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Yeah, the Badger was having it's usual Rocky Balboa kinda day on Sunday. Hi drama, underdog shit that I'm sworn to not spoil the story. Let's just say Stan's 250 gives the Badger's 500cc's nightmares. But a helluva weekend all around. This LSR stuff is a blast!

Speaking of a blast. Check this broad out. Bone stock Bimmer. Goes like hell. This little nugget courtesy Drue (the film maker dude):

Good stuff.

Cheers,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts