Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 175 (209cc) "A" bike will be for sale at NHMS in a week or so. The whole shebang. I'll be racing it that weekend trying out some new carbs, if the new PE26's don't work out I'll be putting the PE24's back on and still racing.

Here's the details.

Bike:
67 Honda CL175 ( 200gp bike)
209cc (57mm Clever Dog Pistons)
Mich Rich cylinder head (Vert 175), oversize SS valves, Ampco45 guides, modern seals, Kibblewhite springs, Ti retainers, fully ported, MegaCycle 122-20 cam, lightened rockers.
CB200 liners machined into CB175 Vert jugs, cases bored to take the larger liners (still room for up to 3mm of overbore).
Pistons, Phase III, 57mm custom pistons (NEW SPARE SET INCLUDED). Pistons take Wiseco pins and modern thin Wiseco rings.
PE26 and PE24 carbs on custom intakes. New K&N filters.
PVL Mag/CDI ignition with dry rotor side.
Oil cooler
Clever Dog 2-1 exhaust
Too many tweaks and mods to list them all.

Excel rims front and rear, Buchanan SS spokes, Dunlop KR825 tires (NEW Spare KR825 included)
Suzuki T-500 front brake with race compound.
CB550/4 forks and trees
NOS Muholland rear shocks.
Matt Tanner fuel tank and seat.
Alloy clip-ons
Scitsu Tachometer

Spares include:
Frames
Engine bottom end
Many Cylinders
Many heads
6 or 7 good cranks
One new set of Clever Dog 57mm pistons
One new Dunlop KR825 race tire
Bike work stand
Dozens of NOS 175 parts
Hundreds of choice used 175 parts
All the special tools I created to work on the bike
All my Honda vintage spares (carb parts, control parts, engine parts, tank or two, swingarms, Muholland rebuild kits and springs, many cam cores and Megacycle cams, tons of rockers, seals, gaskets etc etc) Spare T500 drum, hardware and race compound shoes.

Literally a pickup truck load of spares. Including a rolling CL/175/160 chassis. Probably enough stuff to build another complete race bike.

Also included, all my research, secrets, designs and part numbers for the parts used in the bike. Including the info to have the Clever Dog 57mm Phase III pistons made.

Literally an entire race outfit, with enough spares to race for a couple of years.

As for how the bike performs.... I don't need to tell you that.

First $3500 takes it all.
It would be best sold to someone who is already serious, or plans on getting serious quick, about Honda 175's.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Holy Shit. I knew you mentioned it recently but had no idea you were serious. I'd like to call Dibs but I have NO money anyways. That is one serious 200GP weapon. Too bad it never saw AHRMA action. Did it?

Hope you're not steppin out of the scene completely.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
what the hell are you talking about? do we all need to buck up and buy the thing and park it until you come back to your senses? or are you just coming to play with the big boys in FCB.

-tt

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TT,
I'm retiring from vintage for a while. We'll still show up now and then and run Mary's 50. And I'll be back on a RS125 in the next few years. Going to play with some dirt bikes for a while, I'll keep developing Mary's 50 too. And I have a vintage car to put back together...just don't have the time, money and space for everything.
It will be very weird no working on a 175 all the time.

Hosh, Here's some pics. More details about the developement of the bike at: http://www.jrbranson.com/HondaRacer/CB175/CB175-FramesPage.htm but quite a lot of it is out of date.

JohnnyB

Working on it earlier this year.

A picture of it on the track.

It's got a quarter fairing on it now, pretty much still the same.

Jam, it's never raced with AHRMA in it's present incarnation. Technically not AHRMA legal, too many cc's.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
S H I T. Vintage racing is O V E R. damn. Mini moto dirt bikes. Shit. Lonewolf and I have noone to hang with. Shit. And that's just for Mary.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
johnny-

you keep the bike, i'll rent it for USCRA weekends? you can keep the trophies and i'll have someone to thank at the awards ceremony.

-tt

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
This is sad to hear. As Rosko said, end of an era. And you're asking too little for this. Whoever buys this is getting a ready to win racebike. Would you be interested in a payment plan? I can do ten bucks a month for ever.

This needs to be taken to AHRMA and do some Yamaha ass kicking.

Craig

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just so you know...the price is somewhat flexible.

It's tough to get a decent price for a smaller vintage bike. But the deal here is that you end up with not just a bike, but pretty much the whole race effort. There'd be very little searching for parts, or trying to figure things out...it's all done already. And the bike comes with a complete manual, pictures and everything.

Problem is...if someone already has other bikes...it's a lot to take on. Would be a good deal for someone with previous bike/race experience that want to just jump right into racing without all the headaches.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
WTF Mr DR. !!! Although I fully understand your position. I don't like it. Now I have to find somebody else to mind race in the pits!!!! Somebody pony up the dough for this awesome race ready winning bike. Believe me, johnny will be there to watch and offer moral support.

Luv ya man.......

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
champ, if i only had the money....i'd buy that and give you plenty to worry about.....you'd lose sleep, lose weight, get shorter.......

anyone want to go half-zies on it.....race it every other weekend?

it would be like a divorced kid in a custody battle......nah, bitch, i get it this weekend!

texy

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Tex- You serious on the half-zies thing? Like a time share race bike is what the Mrs. thinks we need right now, but you might be on to something. As Rosco says- Keeps it in the family too. If nothing else, would look cool as shit in the store on off weekends. Is this my entry back to the track?

Leo

1 - 20 of 62 Posts