Cafe Racer Forum banner

Clogged shop sink

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Gambler 
#1 ·
Bad clog in the shop sink. Probably house paint, auto paint, bondo, oil, you know, stuff that's in shops where bikes get worked on.

Anyone have tips for unclogging? Can't fit a snake down, there's a 90 that we can't get past.

#2 ·
Carpenter buddy has done this at my rentals.

Take the trap apart under the sink. Hook the hose from your big ass shopvac to the line. Duct tape it to make it airtight. Turn on shopvac. Wait for change it tone. Make helper clean shopvac.

If it's tied into other drains you need to plug them so it'll pull a vaccuum.

And it depends where in relationship to the vent stack the clog is, but he's undefeated at my places.

#3 ·
Hmm, I might try that... not sure how strong our shop-vac is, though. I'm gonan throw some MEK down there for a couple hours first, though.

#6 ·
Not plastic.

What's liquid fire, hack?

#7 ·
Wicked stuff, I'll look on the label when I get back down there later today.

Well heck, gotta go back now, left the ultrasonic running and unobtainium in it.

#9 ·
No idea where to get that stuff. Do I need to mix gatorade with it, or is it fine by itself? :)

#11 ·
rattys shopvac method does work....and his step by step is spot on.

i also used to keep a couple of these in my toolbox when i was in the "biz."

http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-Products-331-Cleaning-Attachment/dp/B000KKRQUM

it expands in the pipe, and then builds up forward pressure blowing it out. it will not work on grease lines that are fully occluded, however it's the tits on a softclog.

good luck!

texy

#12 ·
Hack, why am I not at all surprised to see you with bottles of liquid fire? Most likely kept cool in that inflated tail on the trike?

Excellent use of the early 60's(?) Coke box, and is that a pony keg undertail kit?

Id like to see a shot or two of from the tits side if you would be so kind.

And is that a barrel bbq? Food always tastes better when its cooked in something never intended to cook anything.

ps. Whos the blonde? =)

#13 ·
That was the big cooler from the 50's

I'll post up some first day shots and some showing the passenger accomodations which were tailored to suit those amazingly long legs hooked to a rock hard size 2 ass.

Yes on the pony and bbq.

The blonde says she is mine and has cut off all of the local sport diddlers. Wailing and gnashing of teeth accrue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.