Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey honda guys. im looking for clubman bars for my little CB125S. as some may know the throttle cable goes through the bar into the throttle. what bars are you using and did you have to drill or modifie your bars and or throttle for the cable to work. I'm trying to make it look good.

anyobe with a cb125 should now this answer very well.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
been watching this one...no one seems to dare touch it.
-parks
ps. not that there's anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i guess Im not worth the effort of help. lol. not gona give up. but i think i might get ones from a place called OMARS. they have them for 45 bucks.
Diameter - 7/8"
Width - 27.5"
Drop (negative of rise) - 2.5"
Pull back - 5.5"
Straight portion of bar - 6.5"
Bar's knurled positions - 4" on center
Tree clearing center arch - 10.5"

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well clubmans are a bit of a touchy subject in these parts, from the sounds of it though your in for some custom fab work to make it happen, I don't know much about CB125s sorry

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
why don't you get some generic throttle that puts it on the outside of the bars? that would be one way.
i also don't know about cb125s. but the bigger cb's have all the wires going thru the bars. i have to drill 2 holes on each side of the bar for the wires to enter and exit.

·
Registered
687 Posts
you can also drill a hole in the bottom of the controls and run the wires out from there. if it's done well it can look pretty good and save you a load of trouble.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. I'll get these $45 clubmans and go from there. I'll just have to use my stock bars as a hole guide when i drill the new bars. if it dont work then thats 45 bucks wasted and try again. lol. the hondas of the 70's i know most had the cables in the bars. the little CB125s is like the other little honda's.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
welcome to gaydom! you'll find plenty of company. watch your corn hole, bud.

clubmans are fuckin' gay.

·
Registered
687 Posts
if you pay $45 for a set of clubmans you are getting boned... you can find them for $25, maybe less, at your local shop.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Alright, I'll post up on this since nobody wants to really get into it.

If you intend on keeping the stock controls, you'll have to do one of two things:

1. Drill the bars at the controls, route the wiring into the bars and through (or out and around and back in at) the corner and out at the handlebar mounts. From there, its into the headlight. (There's quite a bit of work involved with this option).

Or, 2. File a relief hole in the bottom half of your handlebar controls and route the wiring out the relief hole, down the outside the bars and into the headlight.

Note that option #2 applies to clubamns or clipons.

Search the forum for many hours of "enlightening" discussion on the topic of clubmans.

DON'T pay $45 for a set of bars!! They really can be found cheaper elsewhere.

Or, Champ on this board sells a cool set of mini-clubmans that might be ideal for your 125.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
"you are getting boned"
-parks
ps. not that there's anything wrong with it
pps champy has a full sized bar which might fit too.

·
Registered
306 Posts
im working on a custom set of clubmans for geeto's cb750 right now...they're painted in a that early 80's van halen style paint splatter, with rainbow streamers for bar ends. he's gonna love 'em.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok. i didnt get them. now how is champ. and what size are his bars.
how do i get a hold of champ to place an order. is there a website or email.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah and about the clubmans being gay.
I have something to say about that. clip-ons are not for everyone. plus IM going the easy route so i dont have to modifie my headlight mounts. simple as that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow i got thinking and looked up on ebay. seen tons of clubman bars for under $30. now i have to find the right ones that i think would fit me and the bike right.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Found bars for 19.99 on ebay for 7/8 bars. They went on pretty easy. But you cant rewire through those. I just left min on outside.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So...why are clubmans a touchy subject here? Many British cafe racers run clubmans and have for years. What is it that causes them to be "gay"? Many people think a bike isn't a cafe racer without clubmans or clip-ons. Me...I prefer Hunter's definition.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
clubmans are particularly touchey with one of us in particular and a few others have gone along with his persuasive "closing argument" (a hint). sometimes they can be an elegent solution and like anything else, they can also look really dumb. i have them on two of my street bikes and have clip on on my roadracer. have seen the reverse done fine. and on the connection to the gay thing...
"the lady dost protest too much, methinks"
-parks

1 - 20 of 40 Posts