Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11,783 Posts
tomaselli makes adjustable clips and clubmans. dont let gheeto give you shit about clubmans. he wants everyone to build the same exact bike he has. i have tomaselli clubmans on my bike that are awesome. i love them. clip ons on a streetbike are for people who think they are racers, but have never been on a racetrack. (lets see where this gets me!)

clubmans rule! go illmor!

doh!

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

· Registered
11,783 Posts
my tomaselli clubmans fold but havent collapsed when ive dropped the thing. i would rather have my bars not fold in a crash/tipover because the only thing to stop them will be the tank. but i have crashed repeatedly hard on my aluminum clips and they are still perfectly straight even though people have tried to talk me out of using alum bars. but i do agree that steel bars would be better for crashing on. i have also crashed hard on my alum crapy raask rearsets and have not broken them. they are ground to shit, but the only time i broke them was when i actually ripped them to pieces crashing. but steel/non folding stuff is the way to go if youre planing on crashing the thing alot. (like a race bike) you will dent a tank with clip ons just as easily. you cant cure stupid.

the only "business" youre going to be doing with clipons is not spilling your coffee at starbucks. race poser! why dont you put a full fairing on it too. that way you wont get bugs in your face while youre wearing your davida. clipons are for racebikes. its a good thing ya never came across me on the street eh?

seriously though, its what youre comfortable with. i have race bikes with clipons and for me, it was just too much of a pain in the ass to also ride something around on the street with them. so it was a personal preference. i wanted something a little more comfortable for the street. but still racy looking. my tomaselli clubmans are more adjustable than 90% of the clipons out there. the only other adjustable clipons ive seen are tomasellis. so they were perfect. for some reason my 77 cb550 had all of the wires outside of the bars. so there were no wiring issues at all. the nice thing about a 3 piece clip is you can put longer bars on them if you need to squeeze turn signal switches and master cyls and crap like that. my clubmans dont have that option but i didnt need it. i really like my clubmans though.

as for the rash, you might want to see a doctor about that!

when i get my wheel, im switching my signature to "pot stirrer/devils advocate!"

go against the grain man. go against the grain!

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

· Registered
11,783 Posts
see, now youre wrong, its not a clubman problem, its a stupid problem!

doh!

hehe

the tomasellis are unlike any of the other clubmans out there that ive seen. maybe dunstall made something like them at some point. they are worth looking for if youre going to use them. clips or clubmans each have their own sets of issues to deal with. do keep in mind a 3 part clip gives you the option of using a longer bar. which can be key sometimes.

what the hell is a geeto anyway?

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

· Registered
11,783 Posts
see now i just have visions of guys riding around with some kind of idiot bug lite on the fronts of their bikes. thanks. thanks alot.

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

· Registered
11,783 Posts
of course it does. because your norton fits into the "correct time period" for clip ons. unfortunately, since bmw hasnt changed a god damned thing since the 1930's, maybe it should have board track bars. is that another norton streamliner in the back? i like the pipe hanging out of the fairing.

:)

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

· Registered
11,783 Posts
bmw's have raced very successfully in just about every club. at every vintage id say. the sidecar championships are usually held by bmw's. tim courts was always a front runner on his in 500 solo and he and zman just dominated pn their sidecar. bucky sexton ran bmw's chris and tom have a very fast rig. tom verville ran solos and sidecars. then mark mitchell did great on his. then there is always nate kern. for being the same basic engine, they are very well engineered, well build durable machines. i for one would love one. i was offered to ride chris' r100 out to chicago last summer. i made it to pitt before i got a little nervous about how it was running. weird electrical gremlin which i think still hasnt been found. but the thing ran like a raped ape. and i power wheelies no problem in 1st gear. just whack it open and the front comes up. and its a 20 year old bike. im one of the only guys at the race shop who doesnt have one. tom has 5 i think. r75, r100, r69, and i dont know what else. and his /2 is just gorgeous. it has like a 10 gal heinrich unpainted unfinished alum tank. very very cool.

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

· Registered
11,783 Posts
actually, its proven that the hunched over leaned position of modern style sportbikes causes prostate problems. because of where the weight sets and the position of your body. i have 2 very good freinds who have had problems and both of their doctors told them it was from riding in that position. one has a newer ducati st and a /2, the other bmws with clubmans, rearsets and other low bars and various other bikes with that styling. both of them suffered from an inflamed prostate. i thought it was just cuz they are both old. i guess its a combination of both. sucks.

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

· Registered
11,783 Posts
i know other people who seem to have no problem, turnbull, but im telling you, its a contributing factor. 2 different doctors saying the same thing. no way its coincidence.

i went to school for interior design and worked in a id shop for 5 years. used to to be an asid member, before you had to go to school and prove yourself you could just pay the 300 and get the damned card. thats how i know about sewing machines. i also worked as a merchandiser at jordans for 5 years. doing windows/displays in the boston store. fun job. i was mostly the "lifts heavy things" guy and the tech/fix it guy. but i won a couple of accolades and mentions in industry rags for displays.

all this is probably why jb didnt show at the bar last week!

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

· Registered
11,783 Posts
yep. i even got one for mike. he dresses it up with all of his uscra medals, then does stuff to it. like naughty stuff. we had like 6 different storage rooms full of manequins. it was kinda creepy. i wonder if he still has that thing.

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.