Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bmw that i am building into a cafe. i have just about stripped it down as far as i can go. i am at the point where i need to deciede do i go with clip ons or clubmans. the clubmans are cheaper! the clip ons are adjustable to a point. so which ones do you like? which ones should i use?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
wow! sorry for opening that can of worms! thank you for all you responses, i am a little older and the way it sounds clips on are fine if i was ten years younger, clubmans sound like my choice at the moment (omars sells the adjustable type for about the same price as the clip ons). my biggest question was how they would affect my wrist and i think that was answered.

my bmw was a wreck that i picked up, i have always dreamed of one of these. with being in a wreck things needed replacing, so instead of replacing i started stripped it down. i trimmed out about half of the wiring harness, didnt get the side covers with it so that was easy, i have two seats for it a stock bench style for giving my kids rides and a stock one that i cut in half and removed about 6 inches, so now i have a solo seat. took a xs650 tank and cut it down for a rear seat cowl. that i am still working on. i will post so pixs of that when i get it done.

i had a set of drags on a kz650, the way the throttle cables came out the bottom they would rub a little on the tank and rubbed the paint. that bike the drags where not the right set up on.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
update, i found a set of clip ons that are can be angle adjusted and if needed a different mount so it can raised up a couple inches. these seem to have every thing everyone said. nice thing was it was the same price for them as most clip ons or adjustable clip ons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.