Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CB360T 1974. The other day I was riding home (from the safety!) I grabbed the clutch to shift and it stayed in???!!. I glided to the side of the road and gave the cable a push and it popped back in. Thus popping the gear at the side of the road. I managed to get home by power shifting all the way, as every time I grabbed the clutch same thing happened. I've taken off the cover to have a look. Nothing really looked out of place as far as I could see. So I gave the area a clean and put it back together. All seems fine until I threaded out the screw on the outside of the clutch cover to the point of contact and it all starts again. I am running clubman bars could it have anything to do with the cable routing/ length? Or just in need of a new cable and or lubbing. Any thoughts would certainly be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Sounds like an adjustment problem compounded by a dry cable and tight routing. I believe that the adjustment on those secifies that you loosen the locknut on the adjuster, tighten the center slot head screw until it makes contact and then back off an eighth of a turn and tighten the lock nut. It is possible to run the adjuster in so far that it runs the 3 caged balls out of their grooved ramps and onto the flat area when the lever is pulled. Most of the time the clutch springs will pull the cable back anyway, but, if the cable needs to be lubed and is routed so that it binds a little then the clutch will stay disengaged. If it is adjusted properly, then it won't pull the balls out of their ramped grooves.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool Thanks for the tips. I'll try that idea of Kens tomorrow and see how it does.

Thanks Again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts