Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got offered a dry clutch conversion for my cb450/500 motor for pretty cheap. What's the benefit of something like this? If it's only worth it for a race bike I'll spend the money elsewhere.
I liked the one on my old Duc but mainly for the cool factor.

·
Registered
123 Posts
not an expert on the topic, but i read up on it a while back. dry clutches are supposed to have more grip. i actually remember hearing that they have up to 7 times the friction of a wet clutch. a friend of mine and i both have them on our bikes and they are great. of course, what i read could be complete bullshit, and i'm sure someone with more knowledge will let us both know!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
If it is cheap enough I would get it for the cool factor. For street use I wouldn't bother, the stock clutch will work just fine.

Ken

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is $100 and a 6-pack a good deal? He's got a set of barnet bits&pieces for it that are part of the deal.
He's a buddy of my dads, I assume that's why the deal. The only thing missing he says is a guard so your toe doesn't get mangled but I can machine that up myself.

Guess I better go buy so good beer......

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
get it. If you don't want it it shouldn't be hard to sell.
Ken

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
If you don't get it let me know. I'd be interested in at least seeing it. Team Hansen Honda sells them for CB450s and I think it's a lot more than 100.

Craig

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna try and get my hands on it this weekend, somehow I doubt it's as pretty Hansen's setup..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts