Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got or "inherited" a cm400 after a co-worker passed away wedensday. has anyone here ever messed with one? not sure what route i'm going to take with this motorcycle. it's complete and has new tires, sprockets, chain and carb kits ready to go in, the motor turns and has compression so i dont think there are any major mechanical problems either. any ideas as far as cosmetics and performance? i can build my own exhaust (thinking about something along the lines of proteals cb450 exhaust).

fat people are harder to kidnap

·
Registered
306 Posts
my first bike was an 81 cb400....the cm400 is a just the "chopper" version of that.... the first thing you could do is lower the forks in the trees (to compensate for the slight chopper stance), and take off that big douchey seat, teardrop tank (as well as everything else that isnt absolutely needed on the bike), and go from there! the boxey cb400 tank is pretty cool, and will probably bolt right on....

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." -Hunter S. Thompson

1 - 2 of 2 Posts