Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
So I recently purchased an 81 CM400T. I know there's alot of people who advise against getting a CM to build a Cafe, but I decided to give it a shot. So the question I have right now is regarding the seat. I've done my research and seen several CM's with the seat I'm going for but I can't seem to get over the "dip" there is in the frame. Anybody have any ideas how I can go about attacking this? Or can point me in the direction to read up on? Thanks in advance.
Here ya go man. This should give you most of the answers you seek. Everything's OK, you have just come to the wrong place.
IMG_5431.JPG

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I plan to be at mid Ohio.

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
We only do that if you don't have beer and good stories

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't really see the point in the harassment, but regardless. I still have all the original parts. I bought it complete and running from my Uncle for $400. Title and Key. The stock bars are still intact and sitting on my work bench. The idea for the bars (which you seem to highly against) came from another forum on a different site. I'm not here to reinvent the wheel or do some crazy shit. More rather build something I personally can enjoy. IF enough people say its a waste of time and effort then ok, but if not and there's opportunity for it to grow then why not take a stab at it.
I also have a CM400 and I think it will work just fine! It's easy to ride and it's just what I have available, but so far it's coming along to be a great cafe racer. For me, I'm creating my own side panels to replace the factory ones and cover the airbox and just extending them up to cover the dip aesthetically and using a skateboard deck for the seat (it seems to work well for others). I will make the panels flush with the deck, probably black, and upholster my own seat.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts