Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there....greetings from New Zealand. i'm new to this forum.... in the 1970s i ran a successful bike shop back in germoney, selling everything you needed to convert your bike into proper cafe racer. i met dave degens, sold his frames and was fascinated by the 263mm 8LS CMA brake, which i sold quite a few of. one is living next to me in a friends tuned moto guzzi.. i usually picked up my CMA brakes from their small factory "somewhere" in UK. but lost the address. i wonder if the owners are still alive and in business...i very much like to get in contact with them and buy a few more or at least start making them again. can someone help and put me in the right direction? any help is very much appreciated. till than.... be safe and healthy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks steveo. i contacted Dresda and some other addresses.... fingers crossed.. of course, a 230mm grimeca would do a good job (had them before) but i just like the amazing CMA..

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Not sure how they spelled it but something like Cerhan Mackay Automotive. I think they went out of business decades ago, but someone might still have the molds and engineering drawings. Awesome looking brakes. Only ever saw one on the shelf at a bike store in Hamilton (Scotland) and that was back in the early seventies.

Copies of the Yamaha TD/TZ front brake are still available last time I checked.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thats the correct spelling....I was at college with Dave Mackay ( no relation Steve!) many years ago and lost touch but was told recently that he died in an accident whilst machining a wheel....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts