Cafe Racer Forum banner

Cock Tease (Safe for Work I Promise)

4K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  KeninIowa 
#1 ·

Those who know, know what you are looking at. All the rubber and hoses and such are original (as far as I know) and still pliable (the manfold spigots are kinda hard though). They have 3 runs on them (drag strip) and have been stored in doors, climate controlled, in plastic, for most of their life (except for the last couple of years where I had them in a tupperware container, in plastic, on a shelf in my garage - they used to be on my bookshelf but the wife now has a no mc parts in the house rule). Took them out to clean them up a bit, just thought I would show you guys.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sad really. They've been robbed of their essence, relegated to the status of furniture, nick nacks, lorded over by the woman of the house.

What you have there are the palace eunuchs of the carburetor world. You should put them in service so that they may regain their dignity.

#4 ·
They're dirty.
You let your wife wear the pants in your family!

Ken

#5 ·
Yeah....um....no. First of it would be an insult to run modern alcohol fuels through these. Also, unless you are planning on repoping the parts that wear out like carb manifolds and the like, these can stand as more of garage inspiration and a benchmark set from which someone can use as a reference to fix other carbs out there that might be missing stuff that needs to be remade.

Third of all, king kong and Godzilla each with 12 foot peckers and baseball bats could not rob these carbs, of their essence. Everytime a gentle breeze blows over the throats they whisper "I am going to hit you in the back of the head, steal your wallet, and then do your mom, your sister, and you girlfriend using your money. I'm THAT badass!".

#6 ·
i wish i had photos of kurts hrc cb750 for you geet. maybe tex has some before it went to the block. that thing sat around the shop for years before i had a clue how cool it was. tons of mg parts on it. deep well sump, blah blah blah.....tex....where did that bike end up?

#9 ·
The box these carbs sleep in also house a deep well sump, ard magneto, and brand new yosh and rc engineering valve train ( in boxes).

Ken, they are cleaner than the pics let on, maybe a litle dusty and a few small smudges. For some reason my iPhone makes everything look dirty.

#10 ·
Nice collection - I have a brand new set of M29 smoothbores and an unused RC 836 piston kit sitting my my parts collection. Someday soon they will find themselves mounted and installed on a newly build motor - until then I'm sitting on these parts like you are....

#13 ·
quote:Originally posted by UngaWunga

so man up and build a race bike, you pussy.
yeah sure, hold on let me just pull an extra day of the week out of may ass here....just a moment...a well the corn seems to have lodged it in good and proper.

What class could I run an 811cc inline four in vintage? I don't think Wera or AHRMA has anything that could be done on the cheap, and wouldn't have me beating my brains out in a class with liter bikes - vintage 4 comes closest if you look at the eligible machines I would take a beating - 900ss and Guzzi big blocks? come on).

#14 ·
I think the suggestion was to build a race bike... not a win bike. :)

Aren't racing & winning two entirely different sports?

I'll ride it for you. That would at least cut down on the weight penalty & make it slightly more competitive.

#20 ·
I am not saying anything other than what I would trade them for. However I did see a set sell on eBay last year for $2k, and they weren't as nice as these. Maybe I should put them on eBay and see what happens.

Just to be clear, these are 970 kit carbs, sandcast bodies and all. Most of these were called back by Honda after they pulled out of racing. I can't imagine there are too many sets of these floating around. It is nice to know that all you twins guys just want to cut them up.

#24 ·
If you can trade em for a Commando, that would be a neat trick. In the end, if they're not on a bike, what's the point? Even in a museum, they should be mounted on an old race replica/resto or something. Carbs sitting on a shelf don't really get me going.

Did I ever tell you guys some oldtimer who hadn't ridden since the 70's (and used to ride a Commando) mistook my CM400 for one once from about 30 feet away. I think it was the yellow paint more than anything. He was also complaining about how the CB750s had started beating the crap out of the old Nortons at impromptu street races around that time.

It's funny. When the CB750 showed up, a lot of folks wanted one in favor of the old British iron. You've performance parts for a bike which stock was smoking Commandos, but rather than build an epic CB750 racer, you want an old Norton. Not digging at you, it's just an odd inversion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.