Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here a big college football fan? I am and couldn't be more excited about today. Mizzou is ranked number 6. Thats the highest they have been ranked since the 70's. Today they play Illinois. It should be a pretty good game. Its sold out and I have tickets so I am pumped. I go to Mizzou by the way haha. Hope some of you guys are as excited as me.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
penn state for me. we have illinois on th 27th at home and will hopefully be able to pay them back for last years loss.

we have coastal carolina today.

cheers,

texy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Heck yea I'm excited about college football, since I just graduated from UGA and have been to almost every game for the last four years!!! THey spanked GSU today, now im ready to see what they can do to a real team. Its about time everyone realizes the SEC is the strongest conference. Go DAWGS!

Kyle

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looked like Mizzou was going to run away with it but their defense really struggled. They need to step that up if they want a shot at a BCS this year.

·
Registered
453 Posts
theyre all freaking crazy here in good ole columbia. gamecock fever anyone? i personally dont like the game but lots here surely do.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Badgers!!!
F'em Bucky Go Big Red.
They should be pretty good, Ranked 13

Ken

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
The only thing about college football that matters is that U-M is soon going to have the biggest stadium in America - again.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I LOVE to go see live I.U. games,but it's been probably 7-8 years since I went to a game.
It's hit or miss on if they win or not. I've seen them win a few,but I've also seen them get whipped by both Michigan teams,Wisconsin,Illinois,Ohio State etc.

I used to go once or twice a year to them and/or the BB games(w/Bob Knight as Coach). I need to go again as there's nothing better than actually being there watching to plays form,develop etc. You just can see that stuff watching on a T.V. at home or in a bar.

On T.V. all you see is part of the field/court and wonder why the player(s) did this or that. When your there live you KNOW why they do certain things most of the time. You also see things the players don't/can't see. Most of the time you know a play is going to possibly go wrong before they do because you have a birds eye view of the entire field/court.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
LSU...LSU...LSU...LSU..LSU!!!!!!!!!

geaux tigers

(BTW, I find it a little ironic that my alma matter Tulane has the mascot the "Green Wave" given the area's current nature problems).

·
Registered
222 Posts
University of OK grad and a huge fan. I missed the preseason game against that high school team we played, but looking forward to the season.

Good luck ZouLou; I predict a big 12 repeat.

--Chris

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Okay, 1991 Madison Grad. Which explains why I cheerish what little brain cells I was able to escape with. I bleed red. I salivate for this time of year. GO BADGERS. Nothing better then a Saturday when MI loses and WI wins!

Here you go Tex. Smart people know who to side with.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Roll Tide!!!
Rolled right over Clemson, thank you very much.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:Originally posted by chrisf

I predict a big 12 repeat.
Completely agree with that Kansas will go to that game over my dead body

·
Registered
50 Posts
quote:Originally posted by chrisf

After the last five years, that is impressive...

--Chris
No lie. It's about damned time. All I really want to do this year is whoop Auburn. Is that too much to ask?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts