Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to make a push to wrap my bike this spring. While painting is only part of the troubles I have I want to nail the goal.

It will be rattle can job. Currently the frame is silver - generally pretty good needs some rust cleared on the swing arm and around it.

Here are the choices. Try to see past the less than awesome photoshop job on the frame etc. And keep in mind that its a small bike.

And the nominees are:

1. Black frame with Red/White tank.

2. White frame with Red/White tank.

3.Silver frame, white tank, red fenders.

4. Black frame, red tank - classic XR colors

5. MR50 colors, silver tank w red accent and fenders.

6. MR50 with Geeto's tweaks

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
#5 but with a white frame and white replacing the silver.

if you are going to rattle can it stick to non metallic colors.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
#4 - If your using a rattle can, then your best bet is stick with the basics. I like Geeto's recommendation but a white frame is very hard to keep clean, especially if you go off road.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well tastes seem to be close to what I was leaning towards. Basically 2 & 3 were my favorites. 2 is more or less what Geeto suggested but with different graphics. 3 is very close to what Unga suggests.

I definitely like the lighter colored frames - black will make the bike look smaller. I do like #3 or UngaWunga's suggestion for feeling a bit more stock-gone-sport with more mashup. #2/#6 look more classy but also feel a bit too trying to be elegant. The #6 tank graph can look better on the picture here than in nature - the tank is pretty wide so it will not have that nice red backbone feel as the picture from this angle suggests.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I like #2 because white wrapped arount the nice little engine would give it a pleasant airy look. And pulling the red down the side of the tank still gives you something to rest your eye on. Any would be a nice scheme.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It will not be as open - this is not my bike. Mine will have side covers. this is photoshopped on somebody's xl125 "motard" with no rear fenders etc. This one also has 18" wheels - mine will be 17 front and rear.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
What I like...

2,5 and 6.

As Big Bob stated - Keep the fenders alloy/silver/chrome look.

I really dig #2/6. I just think it'll look better with non RED fenders.

#5 with a silver frame and silver fenders would look tetas too.

I think white powdercoated pipes would look good on any of these too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts