Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there were any bikes with compatable parts, for example I have a 1985 mitsubishi mighty max and if there is not an engine part for the mighty max, a 1985 dodge d-50 is compatable with little or no modification. So just for the sake of argument lets say I cant find any handlebars for 1973 honda XL350 will handlebars for a 1973 CB750 work on it? Ive googled it but I cant find anything. Thanks

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Handle bars are handle bars - with exception to length of your wires - the cb750 bars should work with your xl. Ofcourse this applies to any after-market bars also.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just using the handlebars as an example right-off-the-top-of-my- head thing. I mean if there s any other kind of part I needfor the XL is there another bike I can look for and use that part. Like lets say I need part X and I cannot find part X for my XL, an I do a search for part X on a differnt bike, probably more common bike, and get essentially the same part I can use will little or no modification?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Studtboy;

As far as other parts - that would be on a case by case basis. I believe the motorcycle mfg will have the same part number for similar parts on their various models. Some cases they don't use the same part numbers. It makes sense that mfg will use the same part number for various models to simplify their BOM list (Bill of Material) for computerized inventory tracking systems.

And again - different Mfg's may have parts that will fit your application. Of course the P/N will be different. There is no exact science to this - just a little eye-balling and part fitting...

Good luck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I needed to know, I kinda figured it be that way and im sure everything not made for my model would be nothing a little modifying wont fix, I apreciate the help guys. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts