Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i feel stupid, i am replacing my factory cd carbs w/ some mikuni vm's. how do i connect them to open off the same throttle cable? the factory ones have a neat little bracket setup and its all connected to a flapper or something. anyway its an xs400 they'll be side by side, is there like a cable T or something, how have you all done it?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
three ways....... you can rack or garrison them

difficult without machine shop skills

or you can use a single cable throttle running to a two into one junction box or cable splitter

the best ones aren't great in my opinion

or........ and this is what I do on non-racked twin carbs

run a twin cable twist throttle and two fully adjustable cables

don't listen to any nincompoop that tries to tell you how impossibly difficult it will be to sync the carbs and keep them that way

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
three ways....... you can rack or garrison them

difficult without machine shop skills

or you can use a single cable throttle running to a two into one junction box or cable splitter

the best ones aren't great in my opinion

or........ and this is what I do on non-racked twin carbs

run a twin cable twist throttle and two fully adjustable cables

don't listen to any nincompoop that tries to tell you how impossibly difficult it will be to sync the carbs and keep them that way

·
Registered
93 Posts
Seems like an easy option would be to try using a cable for an rd350

joe

·
Registered
93 Posts
Seems like an easy option would be to try using a cable for an rd350

joe

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
there are similar cable sets like that which have sufficient free travel and will still allow the VM series to have their slides opened all the way

that plastic junction is one of the worst to be had

anyhow, I am not sure but I think the smaller RD carbs require less free length and have less slide travel

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
there are similar cable sets like that which have sufficient free travel and will still allow the VM series to have their slides opened all the way

that plastic junction is one of the worst to be had

anyhow, I am not sure but I think the smaller RD carbs require less free length and have less slide travel

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
You could also adapt a cable set-up from most of the Suzuki two stroke twins of the 70's - T500, GT250, GT185, T250, T350, etc....

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts