Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this today and thought it was cool that the kid did a long trip on a cb550. Sounds like a pretty fun trip.

Now I know, the guys got clubmans and doesn't wear enough gear, but he made it home and had a good ride. Have fun. Hondas kick ass.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526296

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
a friend of mine posted her sketch book from a month long canada trip on a cb550 (2 up). She has the pics somewhere but I always thought this was kinda fun. Not all of the links work but most do.

http://www.samselthedamsel.com/NFintro.html

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Great read - Warning once you start reading you will not want to stop - so make sure you have two hours to kill. This story hits very close to home as I also took a similar trip in my early twenties from San Diego to Caribou Maine on a 1969 CB750 that I brought back from Japan when I lived there. I still ride that same bike as my every day rider. I also owned a CB500 out in California and use to take many weekend trips with just a sleeping bag strapped to the bars. Many good memories just flooded back while reading this kid's trip story. Someday I'll have to put it all down on paper...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Gaddamnitalltohell! I had shit to do this morning!
Heh.....you're dead on Bmartin...can't stop, great read!

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
some serious close calls. glad he was alright after the slide in the sand. wish i would have known about this when he rolled thru philly. could of helped him out for sure with laundry service, tools, etc.....

thanks for posting.

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:yeah i figure he was 17 years old.
At the end of the thread, he's asked his age, and tells us he made the trip when he was 19. He's almost 21 now.

He needs a dictionary.

·
Registered
35 Posts
epic. I have been talking about a trip like this with my friend for the last 7 years. life just keeps getting in the way. One day it will happen, one day.

·
Registered
35 Posts
epic. I have been talking about a trip like this with my friend for the last 7 years. life just keeps getting in the way. One day it will happen, one day.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh man,
That's just awesome. I spent a coupe of hours, not doing mundane crap, to get some much needed inspiration. What the hell have I been doing with myself? This kid has done more than the likes of Robert Pirsig and conveyed it in the consise format of a blog. Cross continent and back with clubman bars?!?!
WOW!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh man,
That's just awesome. I spent a coupe of hours, not doing mundane crap, to get some much needed inspiration. What the hell have I been doing with myself? This kid has done more than the likes of Robert Pirsig and conveyed it in the consise format of a blog. Cross continent and back with clubman bars?!?!
WOW!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts