Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I think the plan was that they were going to sell kits, also didn't they try to start up a class for racing them. It went nowhere as I recall because they did nothing to make the motors and transmissions work for roadracing, not to mention chassis.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My friend and I have a CR500 engine that we want to put in a street machine. I thought this bike was fairly well done. The video is lame, the gearing could be different, whatever. I think something can be dome with modern-ish two storke dirt bikes that could make really fun around town bikes. Where I live is nothing but mountains and twisty roads. I would love to ride this bike around here. I think the "cafe" style video gave you all a bad taste in yer mouths.

·
Registered
681 Posts
There is a hot rodded Banshee motor in a Hyosung (GS500E style) frame with modern looking suspension and brakes for sale in Mass that looks like a total hoot to ride...

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
I have actually ridden it. My jeep has less rattles.

I didn't get to do anything cool with it, push it Down a ramp, ride it down the block, load it in a truck, and ride it into the javitz center, but still my ass was in the seat. I wish I could have run it hard but it was not to be.

The whole smoking seagulls thing was gay as fuck, said it then, say it now.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
the bike is cool....but it is also a design/show piece. i mean the rear slick was carved with RSD or some shit. it looked nice in the rare gallery for the HFL party with JT Nesbitt, but the Uch Gianinni Benelli 4 and Ducati Desmo stole the show, IMHO. JT can make some pretty good gumbo, and there is nothing like the sight of young debutantes in their black cocktail dresses, drinking a can of PBR, that was served out of a trash barrel filled with ice.

stay classy HFL!

great party for all that made it (i met FR there for the first time)....sucks for all you dicks that didn't.

texy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts