Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A bit too much on the ghey "cafe" stuff...like the pedestrian slicer and replica lucas tail light...but none the less...I can appreciate a cb250 motor.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bit too much on the ghey "cafe" stuff...like the pedestrian slicer and replica lucas tail light...but none the less...I can appreciate a cb250 motor.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I have a little trouble believing Dunstall would stick a hot water handle on the rear sets. Plus equal trouble believing Dunstall made cafes that small.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I have a little trouble believing Dunstall would stick a hot water handle on the rear sets. Plus equal trouble believing Dunstall made cafes that small.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
What's to appreciate about the cb250 motor? We got the 350 the 250s less sickly sibling. Three is nothing remarkable about the 250 except that the didn't sell it here.

It is a little misleading to call that a dunstall, only because Paul didnt build it any more than I built it. Sure the tank and seat appear to be dunstall pieces (probably for a norton), and the rear sets are, the front fender is stock minus the supports. Overal the paint has a lot of tricks that are more recent than vintage (the norton style Honda logo - I think Carpy sells them on his site).

Dunstall did make kit parts for bikes that small, but really didn't start messing with hondas until 73. More importantly bikes built by dunstall were re-vinned as such. My 72 dunstall norton says dunstall on the headstock although the numbers are still the norton's vin.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
What's to appreciate about the cb250 motor? We got the 350 the 250s less sickly sibling. Three is nothing remarkable about the 250 except that the didn't sell it here.

It is a little misleading to call that a dunstall, only because Paul didnt build it any more than I built it. Sure the tank and seat appear to be dunstall pieces (probably for a norton), and the rear sets are, the front fender is stock minus the supports. Overal the paint has a lot of tricks that are more recent than vintage (the norton style Honda logo - I think Carpy sells them on his site).

Dunstall did make kit parts for bikes that small, but really didn't start messing with hondas until 73. More importantly bikes built by dunstall were re-vinned as such. My 72 dunstall norton says dunstall on the headstock although the numbers are still the norton's vin.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Hoofhearted

That faucet handle makes the whole exercise stupid.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Hoofhearted

That faucet handle makes the whole exercise stupid.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Might be fun for a third of that price - or less. I don't know - is the Dunstall engine stuff worth money? cuz you can get those tanks and seats anywhere, I think

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Might be fun for a third of that price - or less. I don't know - is the Dunstall engine stuff worth money? cuz you can get those tanks and seats anywhere, I think

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I don't remember dunstall ever making engine parts for the 250. At least I never saw a catalog that listed them but I have only seen two catalogs.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I don't remember dunstall ever making engine parts for the 250. At least I never saw a catalog that listed them but I have only seen two catalogs.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
doesnt really sound like there are any real engine mods....i assume that its just one of those..."its laud so it must be fast"

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
doesnt really sound like there are any real engine mods....i assume that its just one of those..."its laud so it must be fast"

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
The nice part about dunstall stuff is it usually has the dunstall brand stamped or glassed somewhere in the part. Tanks always have the makers mark glassed in the bottom, clipons are a top clamp design and have dunstall stamped in the top plate. The fenders have dunstall embossed into the leading edge of the front fenders. If you have to do "research" beyond looking at the part and finding the dunstall mark then it probably isn't dunstall. That doesn't mean the parts aren't good or better than dunstall. The clipons look like aluminum units, where as the dunstall stuff was usually cheap stamped and chromed steel.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts