Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or should we call it the Tex Cup?

Not that I want to race in Tex's cup.... anyways...

So, our max displacement for the modern bikes is 80cc. Does that mean we need to keep the Minarelli AM6 motor, or can we put another < 80cc engine in there?

Just thinking $tupid thoughts instead of working.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
as long as you run it in a rieju, derby, or aprilla frame.... wait a minute ... i have it backwards... doh!!!! don't ask me about the rulz... you saw my bike at the machine shop.

matt

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, unlike you, I like how my Aprilia handles. The power, on the other hand, needs some help.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
That class is ramping up something fierce. Jeez last year they looked like 125 going up the hill.
So just how big can you punch those things out without it being obvious on the outside?

I think the rules should be as big as you can get it on a standard crankcases.

It's a fun class to watch, some of the best racing in the club.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i always thought that it should be any/all 2strokes up to 80cc. in a vintage or modern chassis, with at least 16" wheels (nothing smaller).

i really want to see if i can build this yamaha twinjet for the class. that is if i can figure out how to sleeve it down to 80cc or smaller (50cc).

if i ever get back up to nhis, i fully intend to ride the class again. i just hope they bring back the monza and/or le mans starts.

cheers,

tex

p.s.- always thought that the class should be call 80 grand prix (ala the old f.i.m. class). having a beautiful uscra 2005 class championship that says "cosmo cup" on it still grinds my gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts