Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who posted about the table saw (?) for sale on craigslist? It was quite a while ago. Mawby trucking dropped the ball when their truck went through the ice. I almost got to be an insurance adjuster? Remember? Search returns me nothing.

I think Girl is getting scammed on a dryer she's trying to sell.

Anyone up for another game? Tex? Dr. Branson? Anyone?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Judey,
Count me in, the last time was too much fun. When Clancy told the guy he had taped the extra funds to the saw and then Tex went through the ice was priceless.
Ken

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Original ad:

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/app/1326818742.html

or:

Like new LG electric clothes dryer. Has all the bells & whistles. This is the Cadillac of dryers. Purchased new in Feb '07. This dryer comes with a 5 yr warranty & transferable extended warranty. This means when you buy this dryer, it will be under warranty for another 10 years!!! I have the owner's manual, and a couple minor accessories that go with it. I paid $800 for this dryer in Feb 2007. $400 is a steal. You honestly cannot buy this dryer in this condition for anywhere near this incredibly low low low price. I love this dryer & the only reason I'm selling it is because my new house has gas dryer hookup and it would be too expensive to run electricity to my 2nd floor laundry room.

Buy this dryer. You won't be disappointed.

Scammer:
Do you still have this available ?

Girl:
Yes - it is still available. Let me know if you are interested in looking at it. Call me at ***-***-**** if you would like to make arrangements.

Scammer:
Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me, and am okay with the price and the
condition and i will like to make an outright purchase of this
particular item immediately because i noticed that you are serious
seller, i anticipate that a cashier check or certified check will be
sent to you via express mail or ups as the mode of payment, concerning
the pick up, i will be responsible for that, where my mover will come
for the pick up at your location upon your confirmation of receiving
the payment and i want you to remove this item from the ad..So i will
send the payment which will include the pick up charges in which you
will make payable to the mover immediately you receive the payment to
avoid the delay. Also i have other packages they will be picking for
me around your location which i will like the to pick up with your
item, would really love to come for the viewing but due to my work
frame and the family issue for the year that might not be possible and
i will like you to provide the information below so that the payment
will be done as soon as possible:-
1.......Full Name
2.......Full Home Address
3.......City, State & Zip code
4.......Tel#
As soon as this is provided i will let you know when payment is mailed
out and i will update you on when you will receive the payment, and
give you instructions on what to do..I hope we handle this in good
faith..
Thanks while waiting to hear from you

We've given him no reply yet, but have passed it on to police. I know they can do nothing...

Any suggestions how to reply to this ass?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
They probably already have a credit card application filled out in her name waiting to go.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Oh right, sorry.
I'll post it in a new thread with the number as the subject so it's easier for you. Thanks alot. And when did you start selling Indian Reservation cigarettes out of your garage?
It's like a mini Foxwoods up there

·
Registered
854 Posts
I set up an email and put all of my spamers in there. then once or twice a day i tell them all how big of asses they are and i wish the worst on them. it helps me vent my frustration.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Mawby Trucking is now Mawby Air Forward!

We're airborne, like a virus.....bitches!

I'm game!

Tex

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Judey,
Get the ball rolling. I think I may have some items that will need to be shipped via Mawby Air Forward.

Ken

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure how to reply to this guy. Any suggestions? I suppose I should give him the ok to send a certified check, yes?

Maybe Girl's husband should be in the trucking business. He would be happy to pick up his other items and deliver the whole lot to a local shipping company, say Mawby Air Forward?

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is my planned response:

Thank you for your quick response. I am anxious to sell this and am glad to make a deal with you promptly. The dryer is being stored with my boyfriend who has storage available and operates a small trucking company. We can use his company for a better rate than most other companies out there.

I also owe him some money so would appreciate the check being mailed to his business location. Please make out the cashiers check to Raoul Lopez. If these terms are acceptable to you, I will give you additional information. We also have a connection with his business partner, Mawby Air Forward. Raoul is anxious to get this out of the way as he has another shipment expected any day.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
"Raoul Lopez"?

I look forward to doing more business with you in the future.

And just to put your mind at ease, Raoul, I swilled more then a couple beers with Mawby Air Forward this evening; and I have to say even though I bought, I don't think there is anyone more capable to assist in your transaction then M.A.F.

Cheers,
The Marketing Dept. of M.A.F.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
E-mail sent, but no reply from "Steve".

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
the plane is gassed and ready to go!

because at mawby air forward: we love to get high!

tex mawby, president and pilot

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dead... Which is too bad. Raoul was so waiting to use that photo for some advertising. E-mails to the scammer have gone unasnwered. Looks like the dryer is going on eBay.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts