Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Johnny, JD, and Scott,
I got my crank triggered igniton finished. Branson thanks for your help on the adaptor.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
nice aaron, good luck at daytona, hope to see you on the return trip back.

tex

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Aaron,
Nice looking piece of work!

Have you tested it for sparkage? I know the Pertronix is supposed to be sensitive to magnet polarity. I hope that magnet stays in there at 12,000 rpm. And the relative speed of the magnet passing the pickup is going to be much higher than with a standard Pertronix rotor...course the magnet is wider so it's got more time to pick it up. Funny shit happens at 12k rpm....bring your back up parts to move it back to the cam in case of problems.
I can send you Pertronix spares if you need them.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your the funny shit and yes the Pertronix is pole sensitive. Its been run and will be tested this weekend. And the wires you see in the picture are the ones to plug the old igniton back in.

Aaron

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Been in Florida. Aaron, looks good. You used JB's backing plate? But JB, You're using a different electronics, right? I never thought of putting the Pert right on there. Great idea. Whose was it?

On the subject of pole sensitive, are you SURE they matter? I swore JB and I had a discussion about my putting the magnets in both ways (that they fit into the slots) and my bike ran either way . . . .

Scott, who has almost all the parts to start the rebuild of the 175.
ps have you seen this guys site? I just got some NOS Honda gaskets from him. http://Larrymcyc.com/

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes to JB's baking plate. The crank trigger idea isn't mine but moving one to the crank has been something I've been thinking doing since I got it, but Branson may have had some input that spawned something in my head so maybe hes the one who thought of it first.

On the subject of the direction of magnets, you and Branson are wrong. They are pole sensitive. I have a feeling that Branson didn't agree to that.

Yeah I'm still using a slopper head for 2 reasons. One I thought you needed to for AHMRA (which you don't) and 2 cause I haven't made new pipes for a vert head yet.

At Frontier Land you said you were going to Daytona are you still going?

Aaron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts