Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11,783 Posts
ive havent had a big car crash, motorcycle crash, or racing crash. but i have been seriously injured snowboarding, skateboarding, and messing with model airplanes. go figure.

jc

· Registered
11,783 Posts
i was in jr high. about 7th grade or so. i used to be in a club that flew mostly on weekends. i was helping a buddy of mine warm up a plane, doing the usual, run it, hold straight up and down at full throttle to warm it up. so i set it back down on the ground, and its running at about half throttle. and i notice a roll of papers towels is awefully close to the prop. so i take my left hand off of the leading edge while still holding the tail and reach to point to the roll of paper towels. got my fingers a little too close to the prop and caught it in the hand. it split my pinky about half way down. to the bone, there was just a flap of skin flopping around. like a peeled banana, and i got 2 nice slices on my palm. severed a few muscles, tendons and hit a vein or 2. anyway, since i was sitting in the wash, i got sprayed with blood. basically from head to about my waste since i was kneeling down. i mean covered. we haul me off to the local emergency room and since i dont have a parent with me, they wont work on me til my mom gets there. unless im going into shock. (?) so i have to wait 45 mins for my mom to get there. so there i am sitting in the emergency room waiting area, covered in dry blood, with a guy who walks in with a fishing hook all of the way through his thumb. it looked like the scene from beetlejuice at the end. i remember it took 4 er staff to hold me down when they started shooting my hand full of local. then everything was cool. i even liked watching them put the stitches in. i wish i had a picture of it all.

jc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.