Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just wanted to know peoples worst crashes and injuries. Nothing horrific or anything. I'll get things started:

6/09/06 Was riding on Pierblossom Hwy thru Lancaster CA, on a 2005 Harley Davidson 1200cc Sportster (yeah I know, I know lol), don't really know what happened, other than a vague recolection of a white truck rolling a stop into the highway. Then my eyes swollen shut as people are telling me not to move. Fast foward to the hospital, a massive concussion, a 5 inch gash above my right eyebrow, ruptured spleen that was removed, and orthipedic hip surgery. Yeah, not too fun. Bike totaled, i've moved on on have been working on my cafe racer 82 xj650, staying away from crusing for a while.

Never found the guy that hit me, i didnt have medical insurance which puts me in the whole 85k, but I'm young so I can file for bankruptcy to take care of it. Not the best situation but I've explored all other options and eh, that's life. Fall off the saddle, get right back on.

What about you guys?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah the other accident I had was when I was 17. I used to ride one of those 50cc scooters to and from work, back when I couldn't afford a real machine so didn't have a license. So I fall asleep and wake up in the hospital. I was so concused that I dont' remember anything of that day. Apparently I was in yet another hit and run, ambulence pulled me out of a back road ditch with my scotter thrown about around me. I had a dislocated shoulder, and a broken femur, and was so concust having just been wearing a bicycle helmet. The first thing I remember is people asking me the date... I got the day and the month right, but for some reason I said the year was 1983, that fucker knocked me back to 1983. I had a metal rod placed in my femur to help it mend and scews in my hip and in my knee to hold it in place, no cast needed for a broken femur these days, who'da known? So chalk up that accident and the first one I posted I have a metal rod in my hip and that same hip has metal plates from my second accident. So I figure the longer I ride, the closer to being a cyborg Ill become. People always ask me why Im getting back on a bike after all this. Im 23 and have owned three bikes in my motorcycle career; It's in my blood. It's good to have a community like this one where we can post about all nerly losing our lives and have a laugh about it, or if it was in person, have a nice round of pints. Untill then, lets keep the rubber down....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.