Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i don't know.....i kind of like the idea. you would definitely be the coolest guy at starbucks.

tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i don't know.....i kind of like the idea. you would definitely be the coolest guy at starbucks.

tex

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I'd say if the new owner rides it, fine. No waste if the thing is out to be enjoyed by all and sundry. It would be a waste to hide it in a collection.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I'd say if the new owner rides it, fine. No waste if the thing is out to be enjoyed by all and sundry. It would be a waste to hide it in a collection.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well fuck me backwards with a 10foot bargepole..
my mate bought the bike, he kept it quiet, just sent me this pic!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I am actually shocked how cheaply it sold - you can't buy a running TZ engine for that here in the states.

tell him you want a ride, then take video.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I dunno, maybe? It would certianly cost you $15000 to have one rebuilt if you owned it already.

The last TZ750 I saw for sale was at bonhams and was a no sale at an appraised value of £50000. This was for a fully restored bike with Gener Romero/Kenny Roberts history so who knows how much was inflated. The only one I saw sell before that was another english auction in 2004 and that bike with no history and needing a bit of a cleanup was £10000.

To be honest though I am not looking, so there may be other auctions I am not considering. I remember there being one on ebay in 2002 but I tuned out when the price hit $25,000.

I once passed on a TZ750 basket case in 2001 in Louisiana for $1000 because I didn't have the money. Bike was apart and had been fresh water flooded (pre katrina). Wish I had never passed on that.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Do they race flattrack in the UK? Go 'round the wrong way I suppose.

Thought someone told me that Nicky Hayden made some laps on a TZ 750 at the Indy mile before the MotoGP race.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts