Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... I want this.

Linky link: RE3-SG400 San Gabriel 400 Metallic Gray Pre-Order Deposit

$4895 for a 380cc parallel twin with a GPS-tested 96mph top speed, tubeless spoked 17" rims, USD forks, and sexy styling. Comes in gray and black, with the options to buy painted tank/fender combo (red, blue, green, and silver) for $349 more. I like this a LOT. I'm probably going to get one next year.

Charles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't buy a bike for resale, I buy it to ride the wheels off of it. Resale is literally nothing I care about. My bike is transportation, a toy, and fun. Not an investment.

Charles.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Bike screams of made in China, call it the China Screamer.
Should be no problem to ride the Timsun tires right off it.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Parts will be cheap. Like fork seals & wheel bearings will be 7 bucks instead of 21 bucks each.
Easy to make cheap when you don't put as many balls in them.
Replacement suspension components would be cheap too.

I like the:
"GPS-tested 96mph top speed" lol is that any better then plain old distance calculated speed?

Best luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Seems like a Royal Enfield would be a better buy for around the same money.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Seems like a Royal Enfield would be a better buy for around the same money.
I was thinking the same thing....

For another $800 or so for that one. Plus the Himalayan all day long for a little over 5K......and there's a cult following for that one AND you can do a little off-road.......and it has a Mojave tank to boot

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I was thinking the same thing....

For another $800 or so for that one. Plus the Himalayan all day long for a little over 5K......and there's a cult following for that one AND you can do a little off-road.......and it has a Mojave tank to boot
...and y'all know how I feel about Enfields!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The $5999 enfield GT is about $6900 after dealer fees. The sg400 is $5445 delivered. I still think it’s a good deal, and it looks like a really cool bike.

Charles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Buy a used one.
A used bike? Now? Hah! Good luck finding anything used, much less what you want. I've never seen craigslist so empty. I've never seen dealerships so empty for that matter. No used bikes and few new bikes on the floor.

Charles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay... I want this.

Linky link: RE3-SG400 San Gabriel 400 Metallic Gray Pre-Order Deposit

$4895 for a 380cc parallel twin with a GPS-tested 96mph top speed, tubeless spoked 17" rims, USD forks, and sexy styling. Comes in gray and black, with the options to buy painted tank/fender combo (red, blue, green, and silver) for $349 more. I like this a LOT. I'm probably going to get one next year.

Charles.
I really like CSC SG 400..i own different japanese, chinese & american & austrian brand motorcycles
To hell with what others think or say I am definitely purchasing one...keep us posted on your purchase for feedback if you get yours before i purchase mine
RE3-SG400 San Gabriel 400 Metallic Gray

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I pick mine up on Friday.
I also have a Benelli Leoncino Trail that I'm currently in love with. 6500 trouble-free miles so far, and it's performed amazingly in really rough off-road single-track situations. It's probably the best actual scrambler out there right now.

Charles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts