10,458 Posts
Lol, a chopper from pipe burn here?
and for a retarded price?
fuck.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Vincent Franco’s MFP-inspired fuel-injected suicide machine
I get that it's a sorta Springsteen reference, but honestly whomever wrote that needs to have their typing hands broken. Esp since the bike uses stock carbs.

$9K? hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

before the OP yanks the link:

lightly ridden about 300 miles on the rebuild. Has been in a calendar and has won some awards.

?70 Honda CB750 | Pipeburn.com

$9,000 OBO

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
The fuel-injected suicide machine reference is a quote from Mad Max - "I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
The fuel-injected suicide machine reference is a quote from Mad Max - "I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"
It's been a while since I have seen Mad Max, I don't know why I went to "at night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines....Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin' out over the line" from Born to Run, probably because I listened to it more recently. Either way it's still way inappropriate. Mad Max used KZ kwakas, this is a cb750, the MFP used yellow and blue or white and blue for all but mad max's v-8 interceptor which was satin black - this bike is some sort of satin gray metallic, mad max had a lot of fast driving outlaws and this bike is pretty tepid in the "performance" dept. Seems like a stretch to get to a mad max quote that doesn't fit. I'm still going to insist that the keyboard hands be broken just to be safe.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Is the $3000 price drop to make it less crazy?

I got $1500 for you.
Needs A LOT of things to be a motorcycle again.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
It's been a while since I have seen Mad Max, I don't know why I went to "at night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines....Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin' out over the line" from Born to Run, probably because I listened to it more recently. Either way it's still way inappropriate. Mad Max used KZ kwakas, this is a cb750, the MFP used yellow and blue or white and blue for all but mad max's v-8 interceptor which was satin black - this bike is some sort of satin gray metallic, mad max had a lot of fast driving outlaws and this bike is pretty tepid in the "performance" dept. Seems like a stretch to get to a mad max quote that doesn't fit. I'm still going to insist that the keyboard hands be broken just to be safe.
Yeah - it's way off target to try and channel Mad Max into some dumbass hipster bike, but there were a few CB's in the movie. The "trike" with the bubble lid on the sidecar (the one were Goose was trying to chat up the female passenger) was an award winning CB show bike, and I'm pretty sure there were a few CB's ridden by some of the lesser members of Toecutters' gang if you look close enough.

EDIT: Found some pics...

There's a CB down near the far end in this pic (you can tell by the front fender stays)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Everyone assumes my Z1 is a mad max bike.... Yes, it's blue, grey, and has a fairing, but seriously?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Hillsy, middle picture was from a Mad Max reunion/celebration in VIC wasn't it. 1st and 3rd were in New south from Stone. I have both on DVD and quality is a touch short of HD. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Tell them it's a Stone bike.....
"Mad Max is way too mainstream.

my bike is based on the movie Stone... but you've probably never heard of it."

superhipster

1 - 12 of 12 Posts