Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum thing and am beginning to start my own business now making custom cafe racer parts on all types of models. I've worked with Carpy for three years and it's time for me to do my own thing. I custom fabricate metal parts all by hand using literally all types of metals. Just got done with this cafe seat earlier. Thanks for looking! image.jpg

·
Registered
476 Posts
Carpy bought a seat from me a week or so ago. He's posted it up as "Just finished building a tracker seat" on Facebook. You look like you do good work, don't rip off people's designs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey Dakota welcome, don't mind these guys they just want to make sure your not another hipster goof trying to flip some crap. I've seen your work your good at what you do.

you guys he didn't rip his ideas from anyone, you know how many people can make the same part and not know the other exists? This guy does excellent work, yeah it's not performance oriented as we like, but he's a good guy and good fabricator.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's ripping it off as his own when he receives it one day, and has it blasted on social media as his own design the next day.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Having built my own seat from sheet metal, I know how hard (or easy) it can be. Props to you.

What someone needs to do though is to make a mounting kit that is equal to or better than OEM to match the quality of the seat.
I'm talking about a nice hinge and latch mechanism. I just ordered some parts from BUNGKING. Lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's ripping it off as his own when he receives it one day, and has it blasted on social media as his own design the next day.
Well I'm not going to get involved with that, I don't have any knowledge of that situation so I cannot say. I just do not see these guys doing something like that, I know them all pretty well down there... yeah I just don't see that happening. If it did then that's not cool and I'm gonna say something about it. But I still think it's a misunderstanding.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Having built my own seat from sheet metal, I know how hard (or easy) it can be. Props to you.

What someone needs to do though is to make a mounting kit that is equal to or better than OEM to match the quality of the seat.
I'm talking about a nice hinge and latch mechanism. I just ordered some parts from BUNGKING. Lol.
With all the stuff from BUNGKING you should figure something out. I had to make a seat pan for a guy's chopper and they had all kinds of tabs and stuff ready to weld on. Saves time but if you have the ability to machine your own parts it's best to just do so.

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
The one that is sitting on Carpy's bike in the link I sent you, he received on July 20. His post with it on his bike, saying he just finished it, is July 21. When I called him out on it, he messaged me and said he wasn't actually going to use it.

I wasn't referring to what the OP is making. Just saying don't pull a Carpy, and rip off other people's designs. As he said he worked for him for years. It's been said on a couple forums that he has copied others seats to sell.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts