Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry I know there is probably a million threads like this, but I was wondering what is the easiest from end to swap with an 81 Honda Cx500. I have read that CBR's are easier to do because I don't have to buy a conversion stem. Just looking for a range of years that will have a good rake and trail. When I contacted a salvage yard the guy yelled at me because I didn't know the measurements. I want to use the CBR rim to make it easier. My budget is around $600. Thanks

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Read some of the threads where the owner actually finished the conversion.

You need to know the measurements of what you have to know what will work...properly. Understanding what you are doing and how it will affect the bike is important.

Get the bike running properly and all the other maintenance it likely needs, while you research the work you want to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's for the list! I get that forums are oldschool and not the place for "Answers." Social Media is for quick answers. This is a simple question, Don't need "look for answers yourself response." I get it, that's why I haven't posted here at all. Obviously, someone has done this before and can give me some advice. Other builds only know what they did and not other options. Fork conversion | All Balls Racing has bearing for any conversion. Just need a little advice on the easiest front end swap for a cx500.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Forums give you the answers. That's why I suggested reading posts by people who have tried the different options. If you had read any of the threads on this forum regarding CX fork swaps you would know, here, it is thought to be a fucked up idea. Moreover "I'm here, tell me what I need to know", "I only want to hear what I want", is a fucked up approach on any forum.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
I would take it to the local salvage yard this Sunday, with some tools,
find something that looks like it can be made to fit and provides a reasonable upgrade.
Make best deal I can with the proprietor, who is a good friend that I ride with regularly
so I get a smoking deal on prices and I can exchange anything that did not work out.

No way would I buy used **** off the internet sight unseen.
Besides it's way too much fun to wander or even ride through the giant bike bone yard :cool:

Go have a beer with the guy that yelled at you, maybe that will work.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Go have a beer with the guy that yelled at you, maybe that will work.
The guys to lazy to use google. First entry in "CX500 fork swap", CX500....fork swap database. Lists a bunch of options. If I post the link he could probably could read it, find the information he wants and not break his no research lifestyle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh Canada, that explains it. Got my answer already on a facebook page. Go figure answers, not attitude.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Oh Canada, that explains it. Got my answer already on a facebook page. Go figure answers, not attitude.
Oh good you found Facebook, the one source for all knowledge, truth and answers.

Yes I am a citizen of the great, northern country of sensible people known as Canada, land of the truly free and non-fictitious.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Yes Canada, to you it should be the land of your maga $ goes 42% further at the moment.
:unsure: make hay while the sun shines, it might not stay that way for you forever.

Do they ride motorcycles on face book, I thought they just posted pictures of a dog or a flower and **** like that.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
post pics of the bike during the build, winters coming and we all will need a "pick me up" . nothing kills the winter blues more then humor

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will find out on this fourm that there is only one way to build a bike and 3 or 4 people that know that one way, don’t worry, you will know who they are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts